Chapter 33

{edited/rewritten}

now i'm scared and alone

but i'm aware that there's no place like home 

---

The next morning, I awoke to the other side of my bed being empty. I was a little sad that the spot next to me was ice cold, indicting that Chance had gotten out of bed long ago. I decided to get out of bed and take a long, hot shower. I stayed under the water for a long time, letting my mind wander to everything and anything. Once my body felt like it was going to melt away, I finished up and got out.

I stood in front of my closet for a long time, debating on what to wear. I went for the jean shorts and Captain American t-shirt. It was beginning to get warmer outside, since summer was slowly approaching. After I was finished getting dressed, I quickly blow dried my hair and put socks on my feet. I smiled at my makeup free face in the mirror and went downstairs. The smell of bacon and eggs made my stomach growl loudly. I was starving.

Hannah, Ryan, my whole family, and Chance were all in t he kitchen just laughing and talking. My mom saw me first, giving me a wide smile and wishing me good morning. The smile on Chance's face grew even wider, if that was even possible, when his eyes landed on me. He put the spatula in his hand down and came over to m, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Can you make me some eggs too?"

Chance smiled, "Of course, love. Coming right up."

Chance detached himself from me and went back over to the stove, cracking two eggs and making scrambled eggs with cheese for me. He added some bacon to my plate with the eggs and a piece of toast. I took the plate from him, thanking him in the process, and sat down next to Hannah.

"What are you doing today? I miss you, let's do something?" I asked Hannah with a mouthful of eggs.

She chuckled. "What a graceful Luna we have."

I poked her with my fork. "So? Girls day?"

She shook her head. "Sorry girl, Chance has already claimed dibs on you."

Hannah frowned and I laughed softly and looked over at Chance. "What are you planning, Chance?"

My grandparents got up from the table and put their dishes in the dish washer. They walked out of the house, hand in hand, most likely going on their routinely morning walk together around the pack. I smiled, wanting that kind of love when I'm older. "It's a surprise. It's a little far so I was hoping we could let our wolves out and go for a run together to get there. We haven't done that in a while."

Chance was going to say something else but stopped himself because he didn't need to. We haven't run together with our wolves since before I was taken from the Chance. I cleared my throat, wanting to make the silence between us disappear. "You're right, we haven't run together in a while and I think both of us need that. When did you want to leave?"

Chance had his back to me but I could see his shoulders relax. I think he was scared that I was going to revert back to how I was before with the thought of being kidnapped by Carter. I'm okay now. I'm not fully better, but I'm slowly getting there.

"In an hour?"

"Sounds great. I'm going to go and catch up with Hannah for a bit in her room. Come get me when you're ready."