"Has Alexandria said anything to you...about..." Fred trailed off the second Vic walked in the door.

"Not even a hello, how are you doing, Mr. Vic?" Vic shook his head and sighed, "I'm disappointed, you're not a very considerate boss."

Fred rolled his eyes, "how're you doing, Vic?"

"I'm great actually! Woke up, had a bit of breakfast and now I'm here," Vic smiled and walked passed Fred who had been waiting for Vic's arrival.

George smiled from behind the counter, "morning, Vic."

"See? He's a great boss," Vic smirked at Fred.

Fred threw up his hands and shook his head, "I can fire you as well, Vic."

"Ah, but you won't. Because then Lexi won't see you anymore after you messed with her best mate," Vic grinned.

"Yeah....you should feel lucky," Fred commented after tossing a box toward George.

"I feel lucky every day," Vic nodded, he walked through the back room, sifting through all the products that would need to be replenished today.

"Has she said anything about me?" Fred appeared causing Vic to jump slightly.

"God! No she hasn't!" Vic snapped slightly as he turned to see Fred looking slightly disappointed to which Vic rolled his eyes, "she hasn't been around too often so its not like we've sat around having chats and braiding each other's hair. I'm sure if we actually sat down together she would tell me everything. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't told me about your first date in great detail yet. We've just been so busy."

Fred raised an eyebrow but nodded, "she's always busy, huh?"

"She works four days out of the week and then you take the rest of her time and I work nights almost every day," Vic shrugged, getting an armful of products that needed to be placed on the floor. "It's not a big deal, I'm just happy she's getting out of the house."

Fred gave a small smile and followed Vic outside of the room, "do you think she's happy?"

"I've never seen her smile so much," Vic commented, and it was true. After Alexandria's attack, getting Alexandria to smile was a chore that Vic tried to achieve daily, even if he failed seventy percent of the time.

"Brilliant," Fred grinned.

"If you get her flowers, she loves yellow roses and orchids," Vic said.

"I'll remember that," Fred whispered before walking away smiling.

Vic rolled his eyes, since their first date Fred had been much cheerier than usual and always asked Vic about Alexandria the moment Vic walked through the door. Vic just hoped that Alexandria's secret didn't ruin things between them.

***

Vic looked over his shoulder as he walked down the small alleyway of Knockturn, heading to the small shady potions shop that sold many dark things. A few wizards stood off to the side, quietly talking with their hoods pulled up, but paid no attention to Vic as he walked into the small and dark shop.

It was claustrophobic inside, the surrounding walls covered in glass cases that reached the ceiling were filled with various small bottles. Behind the glass counter directly in front of him sat a man with greased back hair. He looked grimy and a clear sneak, he fit perfectly into Knockturn Alley.

"Evening," the man called gruffly.

Vic smiled and raised his hand slightly in greeting as he gazed around, "need that potion?"

"Hm?" Vic looked at the man who was smiling slightly, not something you would see in Knockturn.

"That vampire potion you bought a few weeks ago," the man explained as he got up from his chair and walked over to one of the glass cases.

"Oh...um....yes....that's what I'm here for," Vic stammered.

The man chuckled, "its not everyday that a young man waltzes in here and requests that kind of potion."

Vic nodded, following the man to the counter, he placed the bottle down and smiled slightly as he waited for Vic to speak. "You make these, right?"

"Many of them," the man confirmed, he scratched his dark beard as he studied Vic.

"So you've seen all sorts of potions, correct?"

"Correct."

Vic gave a big sigh, the last time he'd been in here, he'd been too nervous to speak. But the man seemed kind...for someone with such a shady shop, "are there cures?"

"For vampirism?" The man laughed, Vic nodded. The man leaned back on his stool and studied Vic slightly, "there is a legend of such a thing. Remedium Lamia, as it's known in ancient books. It's said that the cure is buried with the most ancient and feared of all vampires known to history. If you can find his tomb, you can find the cure."

"Do people know where he's burried?" Vic whispered.

The man smirked, "that's the problem. Only vampires know where he's burried. And if you can find a vampire that doesn't want to drain you of all your blood, you'd be lucky if they told you anything in the first place. But...it's all just a legend in the end."

Vic nodded, feeling slightly put off from the new information he had learned. Not a single book Vic had looked through was there mention of any of this. "How much for the potion?"

"Don't worry," the man smiled slightly.

"No, I want to pay for the work," Vic insisted.

The man smiled, "I haven't sold much of that potion, I'd rather see it go than have it sit. You'll have to pay for the next one of course."

Vic smiled slightly, "thank you then."

"I hope it helps," the man said with a knowing look.

"It's not for me."

"I know. I hope it helps your loved one," the man elaborated.

Vic raised an eyebrow as he pocketed the bottle, he'd say something back but his mind was blank as he left the shop. Glancing up he noticed the sky had few stars out, when he reached Diagon Alley he noticed redhair heading down the strip of shops and pausing beside the strawberry blonde head of hair of Alexandria. With a small smile Vic continued on his way through the shops towards home.

~*~

Sorry for not much action! but it's comin' I promise ;)