Poor Mary

Beep. Beep. The heart monitor beeps to Mary Jane's heart. Laying in the hospital bed she takes deep breathes with her dry lips. Her face sweating with heat all over her. In her hospital gown she lays on her right side facing the doorway. Her helpless body trying to find air with her pale skin and crusted lips. The dark room is silent with the only light coming from the doorway. Just the sound of beep. Beep. Beep. From the darkness she walks from the corner of the room with her black boots hitting the hospital floor. Her two French braids right beside her with her black skull outline.

                She sits down in the chair next to Mary facing her helpless soul. She takes a deep breath, "People ask me what's the best way to go. I have thought about this and my choice was natural causes. When your asleep, because then," her voice is barely a whisper, "No pain. Your just in space slowly going to sleep. Just laying there in peace with the air completely still. Once you close your eyes you dream. You never know that  your dying. You feel you are just in your dream for all of eternity. Roaming in peace. Just like you are now."

              A little whisper escapes from Mary's lips, "Who are you."

             She looks at Mary, " Well that's a great question isn't it. With your predicament I guess you must know. Call me death."

            Mary not having any energy to be scared just breathes trying to capture her breathe. The young girl just stares at death with an exhausted expression.

              "Isn't death an angel," the young girl whispers. In her final moments she closes her eyes following the quietness of the moment. Drifting away into peace.

               Death stares blankly at Mary Jane with a smile to show she's sorry , "Not this one."

              Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. The heart monitor showing a long beep to show no life in the young Mary's life.

***************************************

Authors note: Sorry for the short updates guys :/ I will post a long one next time :) Please like, comment, and vote! I am submitting this for the JUSTWRITEIT horror theme contest so tell me what you think! I love feedback!