The savior

After a good nap and some coffee, I was ready to head back to my shift again. Gold came home with me again, and I came downstairs to find him sleeping on the couch, snoring loudly. It made me smile to know that he was getting a break after everything at the pizzeria. I would've let him stay here and sleep, but I needed his help. I wouldn't survive this without him.

"Gold, get up." I slapped his cheek gently until his eyelids fluttered open.

"Wh-Wha...?"

"It's time for work."

"Oh, okay." He yawned, sitting up.

After getting him off his ass and grabbing my jacket and the bag containing a sleeping Marion, we left the house, walking out into the chilly September air. God, night three already. What more could they do to us?

When we got to Freddy's, Gold disappeared into the electronic systems, leaving me to bolt for the office. I took the bag off and set it on the table, unzipping it and poking Marion until she finally sat up. She slept more than I did.

"Are we at work already?"

"Yes we are." I smiled sadly. "You ready?"

"Just as ready as any other night."

The bell chimed, sending us into a frenzy. I looked at the tablet, seeing that Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy were already out and moving. I held out my left hand, to which I heard the door close. Foxy banged on it a total of five times, taking my power down to eighty five percent already. He didn't say anything as he left, but I opened the door as Marion closed the other one. Chica stayed there, watching us.

"God, why won't she leave?" I snarled, shutting the door on Bonnie.

"They're trying to run the power down." Marion said, opening it as she finally left. "They saw how close we got yesterday. This isn't good."

"You don't say?" I screeched, closing the door again. I noticed that Freddy hadn't moved off of the stage, but I didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing.

I saw the screen flash gold and slammed Foxy's door shut again, only to hear him bash it three times. I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I saw the power drop to twenty percent. It was only three god dammit.

"Marion."

"What?!" She screamed, slamming Chica's door shut again.

"We're not going to make it."

She saw me, saw the tears running down my face. Not a noise escaped her lips as she closed the other door, climbing in my backpack and zipping it closed. I grabbed it, placing it on my back as I waited. I did one last check on the tablet, counting down the percent as I found everyone. Chica, kitchen, five percent. Bonnie, party room, four percent. Foxy, running down the hall, three percent. Freddy, outside my door, two percent. And here I was, watching the time tick down to my death, one percent. Marion, praying as she leaned against my back, as the power finally dropped to zero. The lights went out. And the doors slid up.

"Goodbye, Marion." I sighed. "You'll always be my little sister."

"I love you, Minni, you were my only family." She sobbed.

"I love you too."

I heard Foxy running. I knew he'd be the one to do the job. It was always going to be him, wasn't it? He swung into the room, his hook above his head. His eye was glowing bright in the darkness.

"A-Any last words lass?"

"Goodbye Foxy. I'm glad you're the one to do this."

"I-I-It be my pleasure."