The living and the dead

Mike picked us up from work, Gold, Marion and I in the front seats while the toys rode in the bed of his truck. We watched as the stars began to dot the skies, leaving us in the light of the street lamps. It was eerie, how the absence of the blue sky could reveal how scared you really were of the dark.

"How are we going to get the toys in?" I asked as we parked and hopped out of the truck.

"I can get the emergency door open without an alarm sounding. Do you have a screwdriver?"

"You mean Marion's weapon of choice?" I chuckled, holding my hand back as Marion dug through my bag. When I felt the metal I grabbed it and gave it to him, turning to help Gold with the toys.

"Alright, one, two, three!"

They were helping Toy Chica out of the truck, Freddy and Bonnie were already on the ground. She made a small squeal as she landed beside them, hopping from foot to foot.

"Oh my god it's so cold!"

"It's pavement, Chica." Freddy sighed. "Of course it's going to be cold at night."

"You guys coming or not?" Mike called from the open door, and I quickly lead the three of them inside. A noise from inside the room startled us, but I realized it was Plushtrap inside the box. I kicked it gently, listening as he stopped.

"We're back Plushtrap. You've got another six hours to wait."

"At least I have company." I heard his muffled voice from inside, so I turned to the toys.

"Knock that cabinet in front of the door. At twelve, you'll hear a bell, and no matter what you do not move that cabinet until the bell rings again at six. That's when Gold, Marion and I will be running around trying to fix the withered. Okay?"

"Got it." Bonnie nodded.

"I'm going to get ready." Gold disappeared, leaving me to run back out of the room and Mike to close the door.

"I'll see you at seven, Mike." I smiled. "Keep May company, will you?"

"Will do." He smiled, leaving me to my job.

I walked through the the front doors, running straight to my office. I was just in time as the bell rang, and I snagged the tablet before setting my bag down on the desk. Marion climbed out, ready to hit the buttons on a whim.

"Bonnie's out," I flipped through the cams. "And Chica's in the kitchen playing with the pots again. I wonder who has to clean those up every morning."

"May." She snickered.

"Thought so." I laughed. "Left door."

Marion smashed the button, sending the door down in front of Bonnie. He was in the window again, trying to break the glass.

"O-Open the door, M-M-Minni!"

"No."

"They're g-g-going to kill me!"

"No."

"Then I'm going t-to kill you!" He growled before leaving. I sighed, tapping the door button.

"They're so menacing now." Marion sighed. "It's awful."

"I know. Right door."

Chica screamed as Marion closed the door on her. "Y-You little brat! I-I-I'm going to b-break your neck Minni!"

"You don't mean that." I whispered, listening as she walked away. I tapped the button again, continuing the tango between checking the cameras and hitting the buttons.