The mystery

I knocked on the maintenance door, listening as the toys replaced the cabinet inside. Toy Bonnie opened the door, letting Gold and I back inside.

"That was a long time. Someone was pulling on the doorknob for a while there." Toy Chica said. "The bell hadn't rung yet so we knew not to let them in."

"Good. That was Bonnie." I said. Gold seemed to look sad as I said it.

"Where's Marion?"

"She's trying to fix Freddy right now." I said. "But as for you guys, I have a job for you."

"What do we have to do." Toy Freddy said.

"I need you guys to go from room to room, check every nook and cranny for Marion's music box. If you find it, come running."

"Then what?"

"Then we'll wake everyone up." Gold smiled. "But you guys go, we have some interrogating to do."

They walked out the door, shutting it firmly behind them. Gold leaned against it as I walked to Plushtrap's box, pulling out the endoskeleton piece and opening the lid. He was sitting there, like he'd been waiting.

"Alright, stretch your legs rabbit, we don't have much time."

"I already told you guys I don't know where it is." He climbed out, stretching his stuffed limbs. "If it's not backstage it might be in the supply closet."

"I know that's where toy Bonnie left to check." Gold said. "They were talking about places to go earlier."

"I wanted to ask you some different questions." I said. "What the hell happened on that last night?"

"Which part?"

"Just start from the beginning."

"Alright. When the power went out, I brought the music box to Vincent. You see, I'm made out of the leftover hate from him killing the kids. When Marion brought me back online, she had no clue. But he seemed to have the same plan I did, because he knew exactly what to do with it. Mangle and BB weren't hard to brainwash with it, and all we had to do was kill the others and let them come back online with the music playing. Because they died and woke up to us, it restarted their systems and basically said "you don't fight for this side anymore". They're like walking shells now."

"After you threw me against the wall, I just had a complete system shut down. Vincent must have thought I was dead and dumped me in the box. I'm still pretty hurt after that, I was born of his hatred after all."

"So you don't remember anything after that?" I asked. He shook his head. "Can I ask something else?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Whose side are you on now?" I narrowed my eyes. "You know, since Vincent left you for dead."

"I can swing for both sides at this point. I don't think Vincent is coming back, so I guess I have to help you now." He shrugged. "The only reason I was even doing it in the first place is because I knew Vincent was coming back. He's a lot more heartless than I thought."

"Golden Bonnie isn't coming back, is he?"

We turned to look at gold, who just seemed perfectly okay with asking the blunt question. "What do you mean?"

"Well you obviously aren't Golden Bonnie. So what happened to him?"

"After Springtrap, I wasn't the same person you knew." Plushtrap said. "But I'm still Golden Bonnie, technically. I'm just not who I used to be, Fredbear. And neither are you."

Gold shook his head, sighing. There was a sudden knock on the door, and he opened it to reveal Mike. He must've been there for his shift.

"Is it almost seven already?" I asked.

"Yeah, it is. I saw the toys walking around, have them on a search patrol?"

"They're trying to help us, yeah. How's May?"

"Tired, but that ain't her fault." He snickered, to which I slammed my fist into his arm.

"That's my sister you're talking about." I glared playfully. "Anyway, we should probably go."

"What about the toys?"

"We'll leave them in here with Plushtrap. Make sure he doesn't get into any trouble." Gold said, following me out.

I rounded up all of the toys, saying our good mornings before leaving them in the maintenance room. I couldn't find anyone in the room, but I heard the noises of humming and repairs.

"Come on Marion! Time to go!"

"Coming!" She shouted, hopping down from behind Freddy. She dragged the backpack with her, setting it at my feet before climbing in.

"How'd everything go?" I asked as we walked into the sunshine.

"He's not as busted as we thought. I think I actually fixed most, if not all of the broken wires."

"Does that mean he's back on our side?"

"No. He's just conscious now, able to speak his mind. He still can't control what he does though, I don't think."

"At least he's there." I sighed. "That means we can get him back. Everyone else too."

•Foxy's P.O.V.•

I was running around, chasing little kids here and there. There was no joy in it though without the lass by my side to play along. Instead there was a little monster running with me, pretending to be my first mate. I wanted to strangle Mangle with every fiber of my being. She disgusted me with how conceited she was, even for a kid.

"Aye lad!" I caught a boy on the end of my hook. "I caught ye! Be ready to walk the plank!"

"No!" He giggled, squirming around as I held him in the air.

"Fine! Only if ye scalliwag can answer me a question." I boomed. "Who be me favorite first mate?"

"Minni?"

My body twitched at the sound of her name. I wanted to say yes with all my heart, but I couldn't. Just then Mangle walked up to me, grinning.

"That lass be a traitor!" Mangle cried. "I be Foxy's favorite first mate!"

"Oh, okay." The boy said as I set him down. I was crying, sobbing more like.

I wanted my lass back.