We all went home to rest. The doctor told us to come back in two days.

Two days later...

     The doctor greeted us. “Hello you all. Well let me skip ahead to what you want to hear. Marcus is awake and healthy. Well, healing. You can visit him if you want.”

     “Can I?” Marcus's dad said.

     “Yes. Don't be surprised by all the tubes. He'll only be connected to them for a few weeks because of where he was stabbed.”

     “I don't even care. As long as he's fine.” his dad smiled.

     “I'll shoe you to his room once I'm done talking to the Rosses.” he turned towards the rest of us,“Would you like to see Athena? Her room is across the hall.”

     “Can we? That would help me a lot.” Mrs. Ross said.

      “Are you sure you're going to able to handle it?” Mr. Ross said.

     Mrs. Ross nodded her head. “I need to see this. It'll help.”

     “Well follow me you all.” everyone followed him to the rooms. The hospital rooms had small Windows in the hallways. The hallways were very long and this made Melissa think of the time Sean was in the hospital. Quise and her had secretly came and visited him when he was shot. The doctor pointed to the rooms. “There's Athena's room on the right and Marcus's room is on the left.”

     Marcus's dad walked into the room. There Marcus was with a remote faintly in his hand watching TV. He had a bunch of cords connected to him, enough to hurt any type of father to see his child in this much pain. He walked up to the chair beside the hospital bed. “Wassup Marcus.”

     Marcus slowly turned his head. “Dad?” he said in a drowsy tone.

     “Yeah. It's me.”

     “Why are you in Cali? I thought you was in Vegas opening a new store?”

     “Well that's where I was supposed to be. I was in town in a business meeting before I had to go there. I was at the airport to leave when I heard.”

     “Who told you?”

     He started laughing. “I was surprised as fuck when Demetrius called me. I don't know how that nigga got my number.”

     “Athena's dad? He's here too? Wait Athena!” he jumped up and then felt a jolt of pain before laying back down. “Is she... Is she okay?”

     “She stable. She in a coma though. She lost a lot of blood. I'm going to make sure she get taken care of for you. You ain't gotta' worry about it.”

      “You ain't gonna ask who did this?”Marcus's shook his head. “Why not?”

     “Cause I already know. It was Mark. He texted me right after I left the hospital. I went to go deal with him at his house, and he was gone.” Marcus knew that it wasn't just Mark, but he didn't want anyone else to be hurt. He actually felt bad for Quise.

     “Dad... What happened between y'all?”

     “I started off as one of his dealers. It was dirty money, but it was enough to keep my family alive. I also did some bad jobs for him. I hated it though. Knowing that you guys were always in danger. Yo' momma constantly told me to get out the game before I got killed. And then she... ” he stared tearing up before wiping his eyes, “And after that, i knew i needed to get out before the same thing happened to you. Yo' momma always told me that it was her dream to own something like Chuck E. Cheese so I wanted her dreams to be fulfilled. I told Mark about it and he gave me 500 grand to start it, and I only had to give him the money back if I was successful. But I never gave it back.”

     “Are you gonna give it to him?”

      “I don't know. After he pulled this bullshit, the only thing I might give him is an early trip to hell.”

     “Dad… can you do check on Athena for me? I wanna be able to see her when she wakes up.”

     “I'll go do it right now.” he walked out the room and Melissa walked in.

Melissa stared at him. “You cool?”

“Yeah. I'm the medicine finally kicking in.”

“You not mad at me? I was with Quise and I tried to ruin you and Thena's relationship.”

“Nah. You saved our lives. I know you care for Athena deep down. And for Quise, I know what he's going through. When I lost my momma, I tried the gangster act too. How he doing?”

“He's…in a mental institute. After what happened, he is completely frozen. He hasn't talked, eaten, slept— anything. All he's done is sit there, and stare at the walls.” she sighed. “Well... I'll talk to you later. I want to check on Thena. I hope you get better.”

     With that, Marcus could finally rest. Everyone went into Athena's room. She was still in the coma so no one really talked to her. When we left the doctor told us we were able to come at any time to check on the two. Melissa met with Sean and Candy and told them the news before apologizing for anything that she put them through.

Two week later...

     Almost everyone had been checking on Athena and Marcus everyday. Melissa came the most. Some days, she would come in the morning before school and after school. Marcus's dad checked on Athena and kept Marcus updated.

     It was Saturday and everyone decided to come at the same time. Melissa, Mr and Mrs. Ross, Marcus's dad, Sean and Candy all came. Marcus had finally been cleared to leave the hospital. Marcus's dad rolled him out in the wheelchair and everyone began clapping as he rolled out. “Wassup everybody.”

     Every one greeted him and started talking to him about what he had missed. Marcus stared at Athena's door and watched as Melissa came out crying. “She's awake! She's awake!”

     Everyone gasped before running into the room. Athena looked around the room and weakly smiled. “Hey there. Look's like I have a crowd.” Athena looked over at her dad. “Daddy!"

     He walked up to her and kissed her on the forehead. “This is not how I wanted to surprise you that I was in town.” he said laughing.

     And with that, everyone started talking to her. It was like she never left. Everyone was there all day just talking to her. Marcus kissed her more times than anyone could count.

Final Chapter!

Yup. Took a few weeks to plan how I wanted to take this. So maybe alternate story lines. I was thinking about killing off Chad or Athena in this final chapter. But I  didn't.

Ask the questions everybody! How did everyone like this book? Should I make a sequel? Should I post another book? Why am I asking questions?

As always..

You guys inspire me!!!