Chapter One: First Day

Draco Malfoy felt an unusual feeling of excitement as he changed his clothes for his first day of work. Graduating at Hogwarts was the most thing his mother had hoped for him. Making everyone proud of him was the only thing Draco Malfoy had ever cared of.

He smiled at the tall blond in the mirror. Feeling enthusiastic that from this day forward he would not be anymore the arrogant git with nothing to prove of, instead he'd be a respected professional. He had changed he had grown, and his story had been an inspiration for people. He had been in every wizarding magazine, telling about how racism is bad, and that bullies are zeroes.

He, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Neville Longbuttom, Luna Lovegood, and Ginny Weasley, had settled things. They even hang out sometimes, but oftenly, he would be spending his time with Neville, because, well, Neville wasn't that busy at all!

Unlike, the golden trio, who were extremely busy. Interviews here, interviews there, magazine cover here, magazine cover there.
Clearly, the golden trio had grown out largely famous. There would be absolutely no wizard fanning them. It would be a crime if so.

Draco grinned at this thought, he remembered his famous line: Famous Potter can't even go to a bookstore without making front page. Well, that was already real, and he can't help himself thinking of Weasly and Granger, making front page of Witch Weekly,
COUPLE OF THE YEAR! was what the magazine called them.

Weasley and Granger seemed perfect for each other and he really seemed to have noticed that since they were still at Hogwarts. And for Potter and Weaslette, oh, for sure, they were mafly in love. Everyone had their own love life now that the war was over, and it was just peace and joy. Neville had also a girlfriend, Hannah Abbott. But Draco, remained single, not that wanted to be, but because, he never saw anyone as much interesting to his taste, and that upset him.

Draco went out of his house and apparated to St. Mungo's. He had reached there in just a snap, and then, there he was, standing in St. Mungo's in his healer uniform.

"Good morning, Mr. Malfoy." A nurse greeted him.

Draco then nodded, and continued to walk, until he came to a halt, as he heard a familiar voice from afar.

Draco turned his head, and saw Luna Lovegood on the counter, talking to a magizoologist, about something called Bubbling Willow Jay.

Draco smiled at the sight of Luna, he haven't seen her in years so far, and was happy to be given even a glimpse of her. Luna on the other hand, didn't change a lot. She was still the quirky, pretty lady who had a downright interest with exotic creatures, yet unlike when they were young, Luna had already grown into a beautiful lady, wearing a high waist black short, and a pink layered sleeveless shirt, and heels! Who in Merlin's name knew Luna could wear heels?!

Draco blinked a couple of times, awestruck of Luna's appearance. He never knew who Luna was really was! He never thought she could be someday, this amazing amazing, and breathtaking.

"Draco!" Luna yelled, making Draco come back to his senses, realizing his stupid he may look when Luna saw him jaw dropped staring at her.

"Luna!" He said, as he walked towards her, rather more rapidly than he expected.

"How are you?" He asked.
"Oh, I'm fine, really." Luna replied.
"I've heard you've been travelling lately." Draco said.
Luna smiled, "Oh, yes, yes, I am."
She giggled, making Draco chuckle. Yup, she's still Luna. He thought.
Luna then stopped laughing but still remained smiling, "So your doctor Malfoy, huh?" She said.

Draco then nodded, grinning wide, "Yeah, I'm doctor Malfoy." He said, as he made a pirate gesture, making Luna laugh. Her laugh was not hysterical anymore, it was more of a melodic one, and embarrassingly, Draco thought for a moment, it was the most beautiful sound on the planet.

"Um, ma'am, your pet is going to be here on the hospital for awhile." The nurse interrupted.

Luna then smiled, "Well, okay, thank you. I'll be visiting her on Sundays, okay?" She asked the nurse, who nodded and get the cage of the animal, and walked away. Leaving Draco with Luna.
Draco wanted to talk to her even more, but to bad because when he was just thinking about a nice topic, Luna came to say, "So, I need to be going." She said.

Draco smiled and nodded.

"Well then, it was nice seeing you Draco, goodbye!" Luna said as she walked away, only to be grabbed by Draco, which made her stir, and stare into his gray eyes.

"Oh, um, sorry." Draco said, letting go of her hand, "I was wondering if we could, you know, see each other again, have lunch or dinner maybe?" He said, blushing furiously.

Luna smiled, and moved close to him, and kissed his cheek. "Sure." She said. Leaving Draco dumbstruck for a moment. He just watched Luna made her way out of the hospital, and smiled at her as she saw his reaction.
This was the best day of his life to be exact.