Trying to Fix...

"Rhee, you're neglecting your responsibilities." My father said as I let him in later.

"What do you mean?" I asked taking his jacket.

"This school thing is getting out of hand." He said giving me a look. "Don't forget who you are Rhee. You have fans that need you back. What are you gonna do about it?"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry daddy." I said. "I know what I'm doing. Don't forget, I have those new songs I wrote."

We entered the dining room. "Well, I want you in the studio at three thirty exactly tomorrow." He informed me sternly.

I nodded and saluted him. "Sir yes, sir." I teased.

He rolled his eyes and tousled my hair just as my mother entered the room.

"Ray." She said in surprise.

"Anastasia." My father replied pleasantly. Though he knew that she would be with us at dinner, he hadn't objected my invitation, which made me happy.

"You look good." She complimented.

"So do you." He replied.
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, it was getting really awkward so I pulled out my chair and they followed suit.

"Lydia is bringing out chicken pot pie, your favorite." I told my father.

He rubbed his hands together happily. "Awesome. So what have you been up to Anastasia?"

She snorted. "You hardly ever called me that." She said waving her hand. "You know it's Stacy."

He smiled. "Well, Stacy, what brings you back?" He asked.

She looked at me. "I missed Rhee, and when you called me and told about her depression, I knew she needed a mother figure in her life." She said.

Llydia came then with a steaming pot, she laid it on a cloth in the center of the table.

"Thanks Llydia." I said.

She nodded and left the room after greeting my father. "Are you sure you didn't just miss me?" He teased.

I smiled. My mother smirked, "still have a big head, I see." She commented.

"Only you bring out that side of me." He said. "Rhee, quit texting."

I looked up to see my father giving me an annoyed look. "Hey, Brandyn needs help with something. I'm gonna go over his house." I said, standing.

My fathers eyes told me he knew what I was doing. He didn't say anything though. "I'll be back in a couple of hours." I promised before kissing both their cheeks and leaving to my room.

I secretly smiled to myself. "I see what you did there." Mitch said following me out the house. I shrugged, I didn't want to get too happy just to have my hopes fall.

"I'm trying..." I said.

"Just remember," he said as we got in my car. "You can't push love, don't get in the middle of something you can't control. You could make matters worse." He warned. 

"Well, thanks for my words of wisdom for the day." I said smiling at him.

"I'm serious." He responded. "Where are we going anyways?" He asked looking out the window.

"Brandyns house. I need to talk to him." I said absently.

"Is it about Leo?" Mitch asked knowingly.

I gave him a sideways look. "Maybe..." I drawled.

He snorted. "So, you really like him then?" He asked curiously.