I guess this is it?

Things started to get a little crazy when I got to school the next day. There were paparazzi parading around the building. Once I saw them, I quickly snuck into the school unnoticed.

I'd purchased a new car. A simple BMW, now the guys were off my back and I wouldn't arouse suspicion. Though, apparently, that wasn't working.

I made it to first period unscathed. The paparazzi were luckily not allowed inside the school. There was a lot of buzz going around about them though. Students were wondering what could have possibly made their school so popular.

I figured somebody had seen Estelle enter the studio and wanted to know if she was fresh meat to the music industry. I would have to remember to change before I went there. I would also have to switch cars when I drove to the studio. I would figure something out with Mitch.

I avoided Leo's gaze as I made my way to my seat. I didn't know how I would be able to ignore him. Mr. Touche had already written down our names together for the project so I couldn't ignore him much longer.

I sighed as he made his way to the now vacant seat next to me, other students were already joining their partners.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Umm...so obviously you overheard my conversation with Raevyn." He began. I didn't respond. "It wasn't you I've been lying to. It's her." He said.

I still didn't respond so he continued. "I told her that so she would get off your back. She hasn't bothered you right?"

He wasn't wrong. Raevyn seemed so smug after their conversation, that she hadn't bothered me ever since.

I shrugged to show him I was kind of listening.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

"Why are you ashamed of me then? Why go through the trouble. If you just leave me alone, she'll leave me alone and you won't even have to lie." I reasoned.

Leo shook his head in frustration. "You don't get it Estelle. I like your company. You're so much easier to talk to than most people. I never have to be something I'm not with you. I can be myself." He explained.

I blushed a little. To me, that was a compliment.

"Let's start working." I said.

He smiled. "Okay, we need to find a person with a job and ask them about it. How about an entrepreneur?"

"I have a better idea." I said smiling.

(•)

Leo's eyes were wide the entire time we interviewed my father. I hadn't told Leo that he was my father, just that we met one day and became friends. Not very believable, but apparently Leo was gullible, or just stupid.

I recorded while Leo asked the questions. Afterwards, Leo asked for an autograph and picture for his mother, though I doubted his mother knew who my father was.

"That was so cool. I really didn't believe you when you said you knew him." Leo said excitedly as we left.

I smiled at him. He was like a little kid at Christmas. "Do you know who works here?" He asked me stopping to admire the records that hung on the walls.