Chapter 61

The flight was only 45 minutes. Now, I had to wait for the fucking London flight. It was almost 1 in the morning on Christmas, waiting for my flight to London.

My flight was at 1. It was an 11 hour flight, so at least I would have time to write and sleep.

I hadn't really thought about my plan to surprise or see Harry.

I didn't want to go by his house, well, because that would be kind of creepy to me.

I decided I would just stay at a hotel. That was really the only option I had.

Soon, I realized, my flight had been called. People were shuffling in the door.

I walked through the door and into the plane. I was met with many people already settled in their seats.

Soon, I settled in my seat and was ready for the flight.

A couple hours later, we were in the air and I was writing. My hand was fucking killing me because of all the ideas I had written down, but I couldn't stop. I was getting somewhere.

The airplane could let us use our phones in this time, so I checked it. 7:00. 5 more hours to go.

London is 5 hours ahead of Chicago, so when I get there is would be 5:00 in the afternoon... I think. I definitely know the time change will mess with my mind.

I had the worst headache, though. When I ride planes, I always get headaches and it fucking sucks. So, I decided to go to sleep.

And I did. I fell asleep quick and easy.

I woke up a couple hours later to something slamming. I looked beside me and saw the lady beside me putting up her tray.

That when I knew, we were getting ready to land.

Then, we landed. Just like that, my stomach felt like it had dropped and I was going to have a heart attack. The airplane seized down and slowly parked.

"Ladies and gentleman, I would like to welcome you to London. Enjoy."

The pilot said through the intercom. Then, both the ladies opened up the doors to walk out and soon, everybody started filing out and walking towards the inside of the airport to get their luggage.

As soon as I stepped outside, it was so fucking cold. I had on a jacket, just not warm enough.

I quickly scrambled to get inside and ran to wear my luggage would be.

It was shocking though. They already had the luggage out and ready for people to grab. Usually, at the airports I flew to, they would wait a while, but every airport is different.

Soon, I found my bag and walked out of the airport. Who the hell was I going to call though? How was I going to get to a fucking hotel? I didn't want to use a taxi.

Then, at the right moment, Harry called.

"Hello?" I said, looking around at the people in front of me.

"Anne," he paused. "I didn't wake you or anything, did I?"

"No, Harry. You didn't. I'm wide awake." I said, pulling my jacket closer around my body.

"Good, because I want to tell you something."

"I want to tell you something too," I said, and kind of ask him something too. To pick me up at the fucking airport because I'm freezing my ass off.

"Okay, then you go first." He chuckled.

I sucked in a deep breath.

"Harry, I'm at the airport."

"Why are you at the airport? Are you visiting your family?"

I laughed. "No, I'm in London."

He was silent for quite a while, and I thought I lost touch with him from the phone for a second.

"Harry?" I asked, checking if he was there.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Don't move." And he hung up.

I guess, now that I think about it, it didn't really matter about the surprise. It was a surprise to him that I was in London, though.

All that matter is now, me and Harry are going to be in London together, and everything is okay.