Chapter 14

5 days. I had 5 fucking days until my audition.

Sunday would be full of packing my shit to go to New York. Monday would be full of going back to my classes and figuring out a song to audition. That process would be the same until Tuesday.

Tuesday was when I was driving. Not flying, I'm going to be driving. Driving to think it through and the whole situation. It's a 13-14 hour drive, so I think I would be okay. I would get in New York around 8 at night Tuesday.

My parents have property in NYC. It's a small house, but they bought it when they went there on vacation. I would stay there during my whole stay.

I decided I would stay in New York for a week or more. I would have a full decision when I got there.

Wednesday, I would vet settled in the house and rest. I would review and get ready for my audition.

On Thursday, my audition was at 5 at night and I found it quite strange. I guess I thought auditions would be in the afternoon, but maybe it's different for every school.

Sadly, I had to stay at Veronica's house until tomorrow. I wanted to leave, but decided to stay. I still haven't figure out why.

Right now, I was in my old room looking at Juilliard's website. It was quite interesting, but scary at the same time thinking about the whole situation.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I realized I had a message. But, the vibration wasn't for the message. Somebody was calling me and that was Harry.

"Hello?" I answered, looking at the ceiling.

"Hey! How's hometown going?" He cheered from the phone.

I chuckled. "It's alright I guess." I sighed.

He hummed in response. "Get everything you needed?"

"Yup."

I decided to tell Harry about Juilliard. I couldn't wait until tomorrow and I had to tell him and let him know. Here goes.

"Harry?" I asked, after a long silence.

"Yes, Anne?"

"I didn't come to my parent's house to get my books."

He chuckled. "I knew that. You're not a very good liar, I hope you know that."

"I received letter today." I paused. "It was from Juilliard."

I heard him suck in a breath. He mumbled a "Jesus Christ" and spoke again. "That's... Um... Great, Anne."

Something seemed funny. He never stutters like that. Something was going on. Something was wrong.

"Harry, you're not telling me something." I said, skeptical. "What's going on?

" I may have recommended you to Juilliard."

And that's when all the air from my lungs was sucked out.