Chapter 7

"Sometimes, when people are falling in love, they burst into flames and lose it.

The words replayed into my mind many, many times.

I turned to look at Harry and he wasn't looking at me anymore. He went back to his old position, head laying on headrest and eyes looking out the window.

"What?" The words poured out of my mouth before I could stop them.

I turned to face the road again.

"We are here." Was all he said, ignoring my question.

It's funny because I was driving the car the whole time, and wasn't even thinking we were close to home. I just wanted Harry to say what he said, if I heard him correctly.

I could've been hallucinating or hearing things or Harry must've said it. I know the words came out of his mouth either way.

My thoughts were interrupted by Harry slamming the car door shut. I watched him through the car walk into my building. Why did I bring him to my home? Why not his?

I got out of the car and started sprinting to catch up with Harry. I needed to know what he said.

"Harry!" I screamed, breathing heavily, watching him stand at my door.

I was so confused.

He turned to look at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"What did you say in the car?" I asked, still breathless.

He looked down at the carpet, eyebrows still furrowed. He then, opened his mouth to speak.

"I didn't say anything." He kept his gaze at the floor.

I don't know why, but I felt horrible when he said that. My heart felt like it broke in pieces and I don't know why.

"Why didn't you stop hitting him?"

I know I was testing him, but I needed to know. I was losing my patience.

He lifted his face from the floor and looked me straight in the eyes.

"That remains a mystery." He smiled, repeating my words I spoke a while back.

I walked over to my door and unlocked it. I walked in, with Harry on my back.

"Your face. We need to get it cleaned up." I said, turning around to observe it.

"I'm fine, Anne. I can do it myself." He stood his ground.

"Harry, just shut the fuck up and let me help you."

He started to laugh. He gave in.
I guided him to my bathroom. He pushed himself up on the counter, me standing in between his legs. He was so damn tall.

As I started to clean his face, he spoke.

"Would you have told me what he did to you at the party?" He said seriously.

"What do you mean?

"When you walked away from him, would you have told me what he did to you?"

He knew what I would do. He knew.

"Yes." I said, cleaning the cut under his eye.

I didn't dare to make eye contact with him. He could figure me out so easily. And k think he noticed this too.

"You're lying. You wouldn't have. I know you wouldn't, Anne." He continued.

"You wouldn't have because you would've been scared. Fuck Anne, you need to know that I'm always going to be here for you, no matter what, and protect you. I need you to tell me these things." His voice started getting higher and higher.

"Okay, Harry."

He seemed to relax at my answer. And I was glad.