Chapter 25

"WHERE ARE YOU, ANNE?!" Screamed Jack.

I was running. Running and breathing heavily. Barefooted, and in the cold, dark night, of the woods.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer. My pace picked up, but legs started feeling heavier and heavier.

But then, I tripped. I tripped over a stupid, fucking branch and fell into the mud.

I was sprawled out onto the mud, breathing heavily. Lungs burning.

I could hear Jack's footsteps getting closer and louder.

"Where are you?" He whispered, chuckling darkly.

I didn't want to give away my sport, but I had to get away. He would have me trapped.

As I turned around on the ground, I saw that fucker's figure.

"You should know not to run away from me."

I tried to run, but I was stuck. Stuck in the mud. I couldn't move.

I started screaming.

"HELP!"

"HELP!

"HELP!"

"No one is here to help you now."
That's when I woke up to shaking.

Arms wrapped around my shoulders, shaking me. Tattooed arms. My arms were wrapped around the biceps of the person, grilling onto them very tight.

I looked up and scanned the body until I met their eyes. Their green, worried eyes.

"Harry," I said, coming out as a whisper.

I didn't realize it, but I was crying. I had been crying.

The car was stopped and from what it looked like, we were parked in a parking lot.

"Anne," was all he said.

More tears fell and his thumb pads wide them off. We stared at each other for what seemed like days. Finally, he spoke.

"Everything is okay. It was just a nightmare." He rubbed my shoulders, soothingly.

I spoke the words I said the first time, when Harry comforted me.

"I'm scared," and tears started falling even more.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and Harry pulled me closer to him. I went over the middle and straddled his lap. He pulled me into his chest and I leaned into him. He held me while I cried.

I cried and cried and noticed his shirt was so wet from my tears. Oops.

"Wanna talk about it?" He finally spoke up.

I shook my head. I would never want to talk about it with Harry.

Finally, I raised up my head and looked at Harry. He had been looking at me for a while, I noticed.

I attempted to smile, trying to give him a sign that I was okay, but it didn't work out. He noticed.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it." He ran his thumb to wipe up the tear falling down my cheek, and ran his other hand through my hair.

He shifted himself under me, and I realized the whole time, I put my whole weight on him. Slowly, I got off, but not until, Harry stopped me by grabbing my hips.

I looked at him, wide eyed, while he looked at me.

"Sorry, I just..." He stuttered. "You kind of hit the wrong spot, if you know what I mean."

I looked at him, very confused, but soon understood what he meant.

I climbed over the middle and sat back down into the seat. Harry looked over at me, and I finally, gave him a reassuring smile.

He started the car, and started to drive off.