Chapter 48

It was Saturday, the next morning. I woke up to sizzling. Literally, something was sizzling and a smell. A delicious smell.

I sat up from the couch and looked straight to the kitchen. There, standing shirtless with his back to me, was Harry flipping bacon on a pan.

Slowly and quietly, I stood up from the couch and walked behind him. I made sure not to make the hardwood creak, so be wouldn't hear me.

I waited until he put the fork down from the pan, so he wouldn't hurt himself or make a mess. As he put it down, I slowly brought out my hands to his sides.

Then, I have a light push to his sides and screamed.

"BOO!" He didn't jump or anything. He just turned around.

As he turned around, a smirk was planted on his face.

"What the hell?!" I screamed. "How did you fucking know?"

He leaned against the counter with his arms crossed, still smirking.

"You should be more quiet next time."

"I was quiet. How the hell could you have heard me?"

"Magic," and with that, he turned around to tend to the sizzling food.

I walked around the counter, now face to face with him.

I had to ask him to see if he would lie or not. Had to.

"So, how was yesterday?" I said, looking at the floor.

"It was okay." He said, looking at the pan, lips pursued. "I got to see a couple of my mates and hang out with them."

How do I ask him where he went? He's going to know something if I ask him, won't he?
I hummed in response, fiddling with my fingers. He spoke again.

"Where'd you go? You said you were going to go out." He stopped messing with the food and looked at me.

Now, I had to lie. He doesn't need to know about the tattoo.

"I went to one of the coffee shops and wrote. Then, I just explored."

He hummed in response and looked down. Then, he crossed his arms and looked back at work, tilting his head slightly, lips still pursued.

"Explore? What did you explore?" He licked his lips.

"I just drove around in my car. I was looking to see if there was anything to eat that I was in the mood for." I looked back down at my fingers.

He hummed again, still looking at me. "Are you forgetting something?"

"Huh?" I looked back up at him, confused.

"Did you forget about your trip to the tattoo parlor or do I need to refresh your mind?"

Oh fuck.