Chapter 13

I stood there with the letter shaking in my hand. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

I was so furious. How the hell am I in for an audition? I didn't even fucking apply! Unless... Somebody filled out an application and I got recommended.

I turned to look at Veronica. She had been looking at me, eyebrows furrowed.

"What the fuck did you do, Veronica?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" She smirked.

"YOU FUCKING LIED!" I screamed. "Why did you do that?"

"Anne, it's good for you! You are so fucking talented, and I wasn't the only one." She mumbled the last part under her breath.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You weren't the only one?" I glared at her.

"No, I wasn't the only one. I know your aunt recommended you and one of your high school teacher's. I can't remember which one though."

"When did you do it?" I said, biting my lip.

"I did the application in June. Your aunt and the teacher sent in the recommendations around that time also."

"Why the hell did y'all do this?"

"Anne, you're so talented. You can't let that go to waste. God, you're so talented and Juilliard would be so lucky to have you."

"I can't go, Veronica. I can't."

"Why not? Are you scared? Anne, I know you're not happy. You haven't been happy in a while. You weren't here and God knows you weren't at WKU."

"You're wrong." I said, loud and clear.

She was so fucking wrong. I had got better. I was happy.

"What changed then?"

"I met somebody." I said, thinking of Harry and Kelly. "Well, two people."

She walked over and sat down at the table.

"You have to go, Anne. This audition is once in a lifetime. It's in 5 days and you need to go."

I thought about it. I don't know why, but I felt the need to go. Finally, I came up with my decision very quickly, in a matter of 5 minutes.

"Okay, I'll go."