Fallen Grace-Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

I sat on the foot of Lila's bed. "Go ahead." 

"Get off my foot," Lila said, nudging me with her foot. I moved over, waiting for Gina to begin speaking.

"No. I want to talk to you alone."

She led me to her room, which was more sophisticated than Lila's. Gina's was all dark wood and looked more grown up than her sister's. She shut the door behind her and leaned against it. 

Her head fell and huge, gray wings sprouted from her back.

I pressed my lips together. "She told you?" I could tell that she was upset at something. I didn't want to come out and directly ask her about it.

"One of the Nephilim." She nodded and sighed, lifting up her head. "The Nephilim...they have jobs in Heaven, just like you do."

"Different?" I asked, not quite understanding.

"I'm supposed to help keep the fallen angels in line. Because sometimes they escape from Hell and wreak havoc on the earth and Heaven can't do squat about it. But there's a consequence to my job."

"Which is...?"

"Fallen angels tend to be dangerous. I have a little of their blood in me, and they want to get every drop out of me. That's what they do with the Nephilim. I'm more fallen angel than human, and the only way for every drop of blood out of me is to kill me."

Gina put her head in her hands and cried softly. I put my arms around her and she sobbed. 

"I don't want to die, Aaron..."

"Shh. It's okay. I'm going to talk to Allison, we're going to work this all out..." I soothed her. In a few minutes, she pulled back and wiped her eyes.

"Thanks," she said softly. "And Aaron? Don't tell Lila about this. Or anyone, okay? I really don't want to worry anyone. I just...I will tell them. Not yet, though."

"I respect that."

"Thank you, Aaron." And for the first time in a while, I saw Gina smile.

**************************************************************************************************************

Hayley Armstrong. Hayley Armstrong. Hayley flipping Armstrong.

Her name was on my mind all the time since I saw her grave. I thought about her, her smile, her laugh, her hair, her eyes, everything about her. I never really realized how much I missed her in a while. She was the sweetest girl I'd ever met. 

I sat in front of her grave, tracing the letters of her name. 

"I'm still here."

A voice whispered in my ear, making me shiver. I glanced over, but no one was there. 

Creepy.

"I know you miss me, Aaron." No one there again. 

"You have to come with me to be with me again."

And then Hayley stood in front of my eyes, her breathtaking beauty catching me by surprise. She seemed all the same...except for the black wings she now had stretching from her back.

"Hayley..." I whimpered, sounding absolutely helpless.

"Aaron." She grinned, but it was different than usual. More of a smirk. "I see you've missed me."

I said nothing, only watching her. There was something off about her. She sat next to me and giggled.

"It's been a year already?"

"Look, Hayley, what happened?"

"You mean these?" she asked, reaching behind her and stroking the black feathers of her wings. "That doesn't matter. Aaron, don't you love me?"

"Yes." I was kind of ashamed, but I couldn't help it. Obviously she was evil because she was a fallen angel, but I honestly loved her...

"I can't love you back unless you become like me. Be free of always having to be perfect. Be free of the eyes of Heaven, and Allison, and Judgement..." she said, her blue eyes pleading with me.

"No. I can't do that."

"Heaven is corrupt, Aaron. The angels run it in such an awful way. Too many rules, too many mistakes that can be made. One wrong move and you're fallen. Just save yourself the humility and come with me."

I was breathing hard. I couldn't. I shouldn't. But her eyes pleaded with me, telling me the promises of beyond here, the burden of always having someone's life depending on me gone.

"But I shouldn't..."

"Yes, you should. Come with me. We'll be together forever without having to worry about anyone else. Just you, me, and an eternity to do whatever we want." Hayley ran her fingers down my arm. "Pretty please, Aaron?" 

This was wrong. This was very, very wrong. This was very-

"I'll come with you." Some voice at the back of my head was screaming at me, but I was done always trying to be perfect.

"Great. I'm glad you made the right choice," Hayley said, pulling me up off the ground. 

"Hmm. Aaron?"

"Yes?" I answered, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Remember how you asked why I became a fallen angel?"

"Yes. But that doesn't matter now."

"Oh, I would think it does. It's called temptation, the act of persuading an angel to come to the other side and stealing their soul."

"What?" I asked, my breath soon becoming unsteady.

"Now, maybe you should close your eyes and hope it doesn't hurt."

Her hands wrapped around my throat. And even though I was dead and basically invincible, a pain overflowed my body. 

"Let me go!" I gasped, trying to push her off of me. She just laughed, and with a final scream, I gave in to the darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mean for that to happen. I have an awful tendency to do that. >:D Anyway, intense much? So much went down in this chapter. I hope it was super long and satisfied your need for more Fallen Grace. By the way, out of curiosity, does anyone ship Gina and Aaron? Just wondering. xD Who do you think he should end up with, Gina, Lila, or Evil/Creepy Hayley? Anyway, COMMENT AND VOTE. Thanks for reading, my lovely fans!