16. Bruises and scars.

TUESDAY

November the 9th.

Halloween was nothing special. We went around and trick-o-treated. A few people looked at us warily because we were older then the average trick-o-treater. But other then that it was just like any other year.

And I've been avoiding him. When I say him I mean Mr. Blake. I know that I do this a lot. I ignore him and then that all goes to hell, and we argue and he usually wins. But this time I'm seriously avoiding him. The only thing that I'm not doing to avoid him are the lyrics. I still write them on all my papers.

Today he hands out a crap load of papers and like always he's written all the song titles to my lyrics.

The first day I had been ignoring him, I hadn't written lyrics and now I realize he wrote some of his own. Instead of just a few select words he's posted the whole song. I shiver as I read them.

Hey girl you know you drive me crazy.
One look put's the rhythm in my hand.
Still I'll never understand why you hang around
I see what's going down.
Cover-up with make-up in the mirror
Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again
You cry alone and then he swears he loves you.

Do you feel like a man
When you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend one day this world's going to end
As your lies crumble down a new life she has found.

A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect
Every action in this world will bear a consequence
If you wade around forever you will surely drown
I see what's going down.
I see the way you go and say you're right again,
say you're right again,
heed my lecture

Do you feel like a man
When you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend one day this worlds going to end
As your lies crumble down a new life she has found.

One day she will tell you that she has had enough
its coming round again.

I stand up after I've read all the lyrics. What an asshole. I throw it into the recycling and as I pass him I mumble the title, "Face down, by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus."

He smiles, "I want to talk to you after class."

"I'd rather jump off a cliff." I continue to my seat and sit down.

Soon class is over and I make sure I'm the first one out of the classroom. Alex catches up in two seconds, "What's the rush?"

I shrug, "I'm excited, we're starting a new project in art today."

He smiles, "Alright."

The rest of the day I sit in a daze thinking about those lyrics, and the nerve he has to put them on my paper.

I'm sitting in lunch with Alex's arm around my waist when a freshman walks over nervous. "Are you Scarlete?"

I smile a little trying to put the boy at ease, "Yes."

All of my friends have stopped talking and are now looking at him. He squirms uncomfortable, "Mr. Blake wants to see you."

He hands me a paper and I see that it's a pass.

I try to hide the anger but the kid seems to see it and runs off to his friends. I sigh, 'sorry.' I think in my head.

Alex groans, "What does he want? Couldn't he wait till football practice? He knows you're going to be there."

I shrug. If I make a huge deal out of this then they'll all think something is up. And the last thing I need is someone else watching me closely.

"I don't know, maybe I forgot my binder in his class or something."