The big Suprise!

By Joona Irene

~~still Lilac POV~~

Blindfolds. It was for their own good that they didn't know I could see anywhere I wanted if I chose to. For now Wendy was taking me somewhere, I didn't know where, or at least, I wasn't supposed to know. I guessed that's why they blindfolded me.
        "Almost there." Wendy said, leading me around a rock, which I stubbed my toe on already.
        "So how big are humming birds typically?" I asked. "I mean, you said it was a giant one, but I haven't seen enough to determine a difference between a regular humming bird and a giant humming bird. That's all."
         "Pretty big." Wendy insisted. "Like, massive."
         "Yes, but how massive is massive? Like, elephant size...potted plant size?"
Suddenly the blindfold was taken off and people were leaping out of places.
         "Surprise!" They cheered.
         "Um, what?" I asked, stunned. Mabel snapped a picture of me while I was busy trying to understand what happened.
          "It's your birthday celebration!" Mabel squealed. "Look! We have ice, dry ice, chips and cake!"
I looked around. Grenda, Candy, Dipper, Soos, Dipper, Stanford and McGucket were all there with big smiles on their faces. Well, Stanford had a bored look actually. I stared at a giant banner that had the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILAC" on it in red letters. I noticed the cake Mabel mentioned was the same one Stanford and I had made yesterday.
          "You never told us when your birthday was." Dipper said, comming forward. "So yesterday we had Stan keep you busy while we planned one out for you."
          "Whats...a Birthday?" I asked, confused. Everybody gasped, even Stanford.
          "Only the coolest day of the year!" Mabel exclaimed.
          "It's the day you were born dog." Soos explained. "Like, from your parents."
          "You mean you've never had a birthday party?" Wendy asked in disbelief. I shook my head, worried. Only Mabel and Dipper knew I was different, but to everybody else, for all they knew I was human. Was a birthday a big concern? Should I be worried?
          "Well then, that just means this one will have to be the best! LOWER THE PIÑATA!" Mabel demanded. McGucket lowered a colorful, frilly star that was hanging from a string. Dipper came up to me and handed me a baseball bat.
          "Happly birthday Lilac." He said. I took the bat and looked at everyone.
          "You guys are the best." I said with a smile.

The piñata swung violently from the branch, I could tell because I heard the creaking of the wood.
          "Hit it Girly!" McGucket cheered. Everybody was watching as I, blindfolded, leaped and swung the bat, smashing the piñata to the ground. I took off the blindfold and watched as everybody scrambled for candy that was littering the ground. I chuckled to myself as I saw Soos devour another piece of cake.
         "Everybody smile for the scrapbook!" Mabel said, aiming it at the candy scramblers. Everybody turned and grinned for a second, even I did, while Mabel took the picture. I tossed the blindfold onto the table and served myself some cake before Soos ate it all. I glared at the food briefly before shoving it in my mouth, remembering the strawberries.
         Before I could move onto the ice, something cold and wet hit me on the back of my head. I turned and saw that Dipper had initiated a water balloon fight. I grinned and ran to the cooler, grabbing a few balloons and throwing them expertly at Stanford and Dipper.
         "WATER FIGHT!" Mabel screamed. Suddenly everybody was throwing water and laughing. I couldn't help but laugh too as everybody ganged up on me, drenching my clothes and filling my eyes with water. I blinked and rubbed them with a smile.
        "Very funny!" I laughed, trying to throw more baloons at more than one person. They scattered, making it difficult for me to hit them all. Suddenly I was lifted into the air and put on the shoulders of Soos.
        "I will protect you Lilac!" Soos exclaimed. I giggled.
        "Onward my faithful steed!" I cried, pointing forward. Soos charged into the fray, getting pelted with water baloons.
         "Ow! Ouch! Nice throw! Ow!" Soos exclaimed. I dropped a balloon on Wendy as we passed by, and even McGucket was participating.
          By the time we ran out of water baloons everybody was thoroughly soaked. Especially Dipper. We laughed and listened to Stan tell jokes and funny stories while eating cake. And afterwards Mabel went photo crazy with me and other people, having separate photo sessions for each. Dipper was last.
          "Okay, silly faces!" Mabel said. Dipper crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue, while I scrunched up my face tightly.
          "Okay, thoughtful faces!" Mabel said, snapping pictures like crazy. We both put our fingers on our chins and raised our eyebrows, lips puckered slightly.
          "Okay, now kiss!" Mabel said quickly. Dipper froze while I grinned and kissed him on the cheek.
          "Oh c'mon, you can do better!" Mabel demanded, still taking the photo. I shook my head with a smile.
         "Not happening!" I shouted.
        "Alright, and end with a nice smile!" Mabel said. I felt Dipper's arm move behind me but I paid it no mind. He was probably giving me bunny ears, like Wendy did earlier. Mabel took the picture and brought down the camera. She winked at us and ran to get one last slice of cake. Dipper turned to me and I noticed his cheeks were red.
         "That was fun." Dipper said.
         "I think birthday's are cool." I stated. "Cake, fun, friends...is this the best type of celebration or what?"
         "It is." Dipper agreed. Soon, Candy and Grenda's mom's came to pick them up. Wendy and Soos went home too, and Soos got into his car and drove home. Mabel rushed inside to edit her scrapbook, and Dipper, after giving me one last smile, turned and followed.
         "C'mon McGucket, I'll walk you home." I offered. We walked side by side towards the town and I felt happy inside. It was amazing, having such good friends. They treated me like I was one of them, and so easily too. I couldn't wish for better.