Enter the Dreamscape!

By Joona Irene

~~still Dipper POV~~

Black, gray and white scenery surrounded me. (What did you expect? Clearly you need more education on the subject if you are surprised) Wait, Lilac? I looked around, trying to find her. Where was she? Was I by myself? What happened?
        "Dipper..." I spun around, but couldn't see her.
        "Lilac?" I said, my voice cracking. "I-I can't see you! Can you see me? Or Mabel? Hello?"
        "What...is happening?" she said. I still couldn't see her.
        "We're in Mabel's mind." I answered, trying to see Mabel, or Lilac, or anything really. In the near distance I could see the shack, only less...slouched. Like it was more stable and put together than it was in real life.
        "Lilac, are you even here?" I asked.
        "I'm not sure..." there was a pause. "Wait, let me try something."
Suddenly there was something beside me, and I turned to face it. It was a person of some kind, faded, black, and a few moments later, it began to look like Lilac.
        "Is that you?" I asked. Fuzzy, blurry Lilac nodded.
        "It's a little hard to see..." she replied, rubbing her eyes.
        "How did you do that?" I asked.
        "I kinda imagined it." she replied, looking around. "Like, we're in a mind right? So anything goes? So I just figured, you know, just imagine myself here. Before, just a few minutes ago, I felt like I was everywhere. Like, all over the place, spread out across everything."
        "I wonder why..." I mussed. Then I shook my head. "Never mind that, we have to find Mabel."
        "No such luck." Lilac said. "I was everywhere just a minute ago, remember? She isn't...physically...here. Like, this is her, so she wouldn't be in just one place."
        "Oh. Right." I said, face palming. "So we need to find Bill." she nodded.
        "Could you help me though?" Lilac asked, pointing to herself. "I don't enjoy being blurry."
        "Uh..."
        "Just imagine me...whole? I don't know, just help or something."
        "Okay..." I concentrated on making Lilac less blurred. She was whole instantly, and I could see her much better. She sighed happily.
        "Thanks Dipper." She said. "C'mon, we've a triangle to find."
We both approached the shack. On our way there, however, I saw a lot of strange things. Like our old school all crumbled and falling apart, and our room back in California. Everything was black and white, unlike the eye-destroying color frenzy I was expecting. In a way, it was a lot like Stan's mind.
        Right as we were about to enter the shack, bill suddenly appeared in front of us. And he didn't look happy.
        "Well well well!" He exclaimed. "Some kids just don't learn their lesson!" He shot me a glare before suddenly looking at Lilac. She was staring at him.
        "Oh, look! My favorite person!" He floated over to her, despite my standing in his way.
        "Bill." Lilac said coldly.
        "Tut tut Mirror." Bill chastised. "How did you get in here? Oh wait, I already know! Ahaahaahaahaa! I must say," he said, flying higher over our heads. "I'm quite impressed. Now that your mind is exposed I know a lot more about you!"
        "Why are you here?" I shouted angrily. "Why are you in my sister's mind?"
        "Hmm, I can't think of a reason as to why I would answer that question. So I won't!" He looked more directly at Lilac.
        "Hey Mirror! You impressed?" He tilted so it looked like he was lying on his back.
        "With what?"
        "Why, with my true form of course!" he said, sitting up and dancing with a cane. "I'm not ashamed of my true self." he said pointedly. Lilac growled and he chuckled a little.
        "Say Mirror! Question for you: was killing Koromend any fun? I bet it was!" Bill sang.
        "S-stop that!" Lilac shouted. "You don't know anything about him!"
        "Correction, I know everything about him!" Bill laughed.
        "Get out of my sister's mind, Bill! Or else!" I challenged. Bill turned to me.
        "Woah, or else?" Bill asked. "I'm the master of the mind kid! You think you can take me? You don't stand a chance!"
        "I defeated you last time!" I said, feeling brave.
        "Riiiiight, you 'defeated' me." Bill said sarcastically. "I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain this again."
        "What, are you scared?" Lilac taunted.
        "Scared! Of Pine tree? Not a chance!" Bill scoffed.
        "Then why won't you stand up to his challenge?" she asked. "If you really think that you're so unbeatable, wouldn't you just wipe the floor with him and be done?"
        "Lilac," I started, not feeling THAT brave.
        "Hmm, you prove an interesting point. Very well, I accept your challenge Pine tree! How about we make this interesting?"
        "No way!" I said, balling my hands into fists. "I want you out of Mabel's mind and that's it! No deals, no games, just you and me!"
        "Really?" Bill asked, floating closer. "There isn't anything you want? No secret you want uncovered, no problem you want solved? Don't forget that I'm a being of pure energy and knowledge! I hold the secrets to the universe!" His voice echoed slightly as his triangle looked like deep space.
        "I'd even tell you the identity of the Author, if you wanted..." Bill said slowly, turning back to his normal yellow.
        "Dipper," Lilac warned. "No. Say no."
        "If you feel so desperate as to be included, Mirror, be my guest!" Bill said, slightly angry. He snapped his fingers and suddenly she was gone without a trace. Just, poof.
        "Lilac!" I cried. "W-What did you do? Where is she?" I demanded.
        "One thing at a time Pine tree. Let's make this fun. We'll face off in a fight of sorts, a duel if you will, and if you win, I'll give you the identity of the Author of the journals."
        "....And if you win?" I asked, clenching my teeth. "You'll probably possess my body again, won't you? Or maybe even take Mabel? I won't have it! No games, no nothing!"
        "Please no, nothing so mundane." Bill rolled his eye. "I'll just hold on to Mirror for a time."
        "No."
        "Did you even consider it?" Bill asked, and I swear he sighed. "Honestly Pine tree, for a guy with brains you sure are dumb! Mirror doesn't belong here and you know that. Oh sure she's neat and fun to be around but you know that she's just too different and too special to ever really belong here in your world. Mirror belongs to the ocean and the stars, to the history books and the future times. Defiantly not trapped here, in the skin of a little orphan girl, playing pretend day and night in the dull routine you call life. You don't think she'd be happier as herself?"
        "I know she doesn't want to be with you!" I spat. "We're her friends and you just want to use her!"
        "Oh, I want to use her alright! I'm going to do things with her you could never do! Like, oh I don't know, maybe show her the true power she holds! Do you even know what she is kid? I bet you don't! I guarantee it, and I've seen into her mind!"
        "I-"
        "So what do you say? Hmm? Knowledge for knowledge? If I win I get to keep Mirror, and I'll even leave your family alone! And if YOU win, well, you'll get the answers you've been looking for all summer, plus you keep Mirror trapped just where you like!"
        "She won't be trapped! She-"
        "It's a deal then!" Before I could react he swooped down and grabbed my hand tightly, shaking it. The blue flames swiftly engulfed my hand as I tried to pull away.
        "No! No deal, that wasn't what I meant! You can't..." I trailed off, knowing it was too late. Bill was laughing in a really evil, creepy way.
         "Let the games begin!" Bill said, becoming huge. I swallowed hard, feeling doomed. How would I ever beat Bill? He's a master, like he said before. I clenched my hands and steeled myself. I might not win, but I had to try. For Mabel. For Lilac.