Take action!

By Joona Irene

~~Bipper POV~~

        I walked away from Lilac and headed over to the Mystery shack, dwelling place of the Pines family. Of course, since I hadn't seen Pine tree all day I assumed he was there. Where else would he be? It wasn't like there was much to do as a spirit. I was concerned that he didn't follow me all day, and it made me wonder if he was trying something different than I expected.
        Once I got inside, I immediately noticed Pine tree standing in front of me, arms crossed and a glare heavy on his face. I grinned.
        "Hey Pine tree!" I said. "Waiting for something?"
        "Yeah, my body." he snapped. "Give it back! You've had your day, it was in our agreement that you could have it for a day. Then you'd give it back."
        "Not quite." I corrected. "I said, if I do recall correctly and I always do, that I'd borrow it for a few days. Meaning more than one."
        'You little-"
        "Ah ah ah! You should pay more attention if you want to be making demands." I chuckled at his frustrated face. "So anyways, what have you been up to? I would've thought that you would come and follow Lilac and I, keep an eye on what would be yours and all."
        "None of your business!" he spat. "Why do you even need my body?"
        "How about an answer for an answer?" I offered.
        "Fine. You first."
        "I wanted to spend some time with my best friend is all." I answered innocently. He tightened his hands into fists. "Now what have you been up to?"
        "I've just been...planning."
        "Planning what?"
        "I don't have to tell you!"
        "Right." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Just like I don't have to tell you all the things I did with Lilac today."
        "You didn't hurt her did you?" he asked. I wiggled my eyebrows. "Tell me!" he demanded. I laughed in his face and jumped up the stairs.
        "How's your sister?" I asked Pine tree.
        "Leave Mabel out of this! She's got nothing to do with whatever your planning!"
        "So unobservant. Mabel was the first person to really befriend Lilac, you dummy!"
        "So?"
        "So I want to talk to her." I approached the door to their bedroom.
        "W-wait! Bill, stop!" Pine tree tried to get in my way but I walked right through him and opened the door. Shooting star was sleeping soundly in her bed, with the covers all bunched up around her.
        "Hey sister!" I yelled loudly. She woke with a start and tumbled out of bed.
        "Di-" she froze when she saw me. "You!" she glared. "What are you doing here?"
        "Good morning to you too! And what a lovely morning it is." I added, glancing out the window at the dark sky.
        "Skip to the point." she growled at me.
        "That is my point Mabel!" I said. As a side note, it felt strange mentally thinking their names and then saying something else. While in this body I could call them by what everyone else could call them, despite their actual symbolic name. Pine tree, for example. I could call him Dipper, but to me he'd always be Pine tree. Strange, how that works. Anyways, back to the main idea here...
        "What?" she asked. she rubbed her eyes. "You don't make any sense."
        "Preaching to the choir darling!" I laughed. "Anyways, what a lovely, lovely morning. You know, the kind that you want to spend with the people you care about. Too bad your brother isn't here with you. Or any of your friends. You're all alone right now."
        "Whatever Bipper." she waved. "I don't need that. Why are you here?"
        "Tell me, how did it feel when Lilac briefly mentioned the fate of the planet rested in her hands? And then you practically begged her to come and spend the day with me, an insane demon of the mind with limitless power and knowledge?"
        "It felt..." she scrunched up her face. "You didn't give me any other choice you wad!"
        "Oh, so sorry. Did I put you in a bind?" I mocked her sad face. "Anyways, I just wanted to let you know how Lilac was doing. Oh, and she hates you."
        "What?" Shooting star gasped. "I don't believe that."
        "What are you talking about Bill?" Pine tree finally chimed in. "Lilac is our friend!"
        "Is she?" I hissed at him. I looked back at Shooting star. "You can't possibly think that after a few meager days and looking over some paper you can get to know a creature and be her friend, do you? I've known about her for longer than all of you! You think you can be friends with her? You've never been more wrong!" I laughed, feeling elated at their disappointment. "And then, you go and give her a compromising position. Rather dumb of you if you ask me. So hilarious! I mean, you beg her to spend a day with me! You practically handed over your 'friend' to me! All because of a little threat, which you could have fixed all by yourself. If I was you I'd feel terrible. But I don't, because I'm me, and I've got a Bluekin all to myself."  
        "L-Liar..." Shooting star growled. "We know Lilac. We know about her powers! We ARE her friends! And we would never do anything to hurt her, unlike you! You made her unconscious! I had to help you wake her up you knob!"
        "Never say never." I warned. "It's already too late. You can't stop me, or Lilac, from doing what we want now!" I then proceeded to laugh. And after that, I left the shack, my work was done. Now the rest of the plan could get set in motion.
        Unfortunately, shortly after I left Pine tree took my advice and followed me, which was fine because it wasn't like he could do anything anyways. He basically didn't exist. I had some time to kill so I wandered aimlessly around town. The sun took forever to rise, but when it did I was excited.

        The arcade was the perfect place to meet because that's where children hung out. Both Lilac and I had the appearance of children, so it was only logical. When she showed up I smiled widely and Pine tree huffed.
        "Hey Bill." She greeted me. I could tell she'd eaten because she looked happier than normal.
        "Good afternoon Lilac." I said, glancing pointedly at Pine tree. Lilac noticed and looked up at him.
        "Dipper's here?" She asked.
        "Yes, he'll be joining us."
        "What exactly are we doing?" she asked. I shrugged.
        "I have a favor to ask of you." I said casually. "There's something I want you to get for me."
        "Alright..." she said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "What is it?"
        "Well, it's a book." I explained. "I can tell you more about it on the way. Come on, let's go."
        "Sounds fine. So, the library? Is it on a really tall shelf or something?"
        "Not quite." I said. Pine tree gasped.
        "You don't mean the journal, do you?" he asked. "Bill, stay away from it! You'll never get it, ever!"
        "But I'm not the one who's getting it." I whispered, pointing to Lilac. He realized what I meant, and then sped off towards the shack. As Lilac and I walked I hummed a happy tune until we were out of the main town.
        "So tell me about this book." Lilac asked.
        "Well, it's thick. It's a hard cover, with really old pages and a golden six-fingered hand on the front cover..."
        "Wait, isn't that-"
        "The book that Dipper carried with him everywhere? Yes, yes it is." I finished for her.
        "Did I see a picture of you in there?" she asked. I shrugged, not wanting her to know my reasons just yet.
        "Maybe." I said, "Maybe not."
        "You know, I think I did. I didn't get a good look at it though, but...well, I guess that's how I found out you were a mind demon." she quietly laughed.
        "Sure!" I said happily, but worriedly. "And so anyways, I would have gotten it that first night but you were kind of...fleeing...so I had to find you first. I guess I could have picked it up or whatever, but you are far more important than some silly old journal, and I didn't think I could catch up to you if you had too much of a head start. Regardless, I would like to have it. Only problem is I don't know where Dipper put it. That's where you come in. I'm asking you to find the journal and bring it to me."
        "Okay." She said. "But if you really wanted to read it couldn't you just ask him for it?"
        "Dipper doesn't like me." I said, kicking a rock. "Why is beyond me..."
        "Maybe because you threatened him...and his family...and you took his body..."
        "Well, those are understandable." I said, scratching an itch. "But he's seen me in my true form. I can be ever so dapper you know. I wish you could see me in my true form too. We'll have to work on that."
        "Yes, absolutely." she agreed, which made me smile. Everything was going exactly to plan.