That moment you've all probably been waiting for; MYSTERY HUNT

By Joona Irene

~~Dipper POV~~
        Wow her hand was soft. Her eyes glinted and I looked at them sparkle.
Lilac.
        She was an orphan. She was lonely. How could somebody so isolated possibly as destructive as Bill said? She was like an innocent little insect that glittered and shone, but nobody understood it so they squashed it instead. Or, tried. The more I stared at her bright blue eyes the less I thought about Bill.
        "Uh, Lilac..." I said, a thought forming in my mind. "Would you maybe..."
        "Whatever it is, I'd love to." she said. I couldn't stop myself from grinning foolishly.
        "Oh, uh, okay then!" I said. "I was going to ask you to go on a Mystery hunt with us. It'll be fun." I said. Then I saw we were still holding hands, and I could feel the sweat dripping from...well...everywhere. I let go in case she noticed.
        "Sounds great." she said, her arm falling to her side. "When do we go?"
        "As soon as Grunkle Stan leaves to go shopping." I said, pulling out the journal and flipping to a page. I grabbed the black light and held it up for her to see. "I think this page shows tunnels under the forest that lead to some...place. Not the same tunnels as the dinosaurs though, that's..." I laughed, realizing she had no idea what I was talking about. But she kept smiling at me. I could feel my face getting warm. "Uh...from a different time." I finished awkwardly.
        "Okay." she said. Wow, just like that? Cool.

        "Alright." I said, opening the journal. Wendy, Soos, Mabel and Lilac were with me at the place where I think the tunnels opened. I turned and faced everyone, a serious look on my face. "This is the spot where the entrance to the tunnels are located. There must be some reason why they are here, and our job is to find out why. Wendy, you're in charge of making sure we don't get lost." Wendy held up a ball of yarn and a thumbs up. "Okay, good. Mabel, you're in charge of lighting the way." Mabel smacked her light bulb sweater, making it light. "OKay, good. Soos, you're in charge of...snacks and emergency lighting." Soos held up a huge bag of animal crackers and a flash light with a pack of batteries tied to the handle with string.
        "Dude, I totally got it covered." he said, the most serious expression on his face ever. I nodded.
        "Good, good. And Lilac..." I looked over at her. "You're in charge of help. If anything should happen you need to get out and find somebody who can help. You said you could run fast right?"
        She nodded.
        "Okay, then if we get trapped you run as fast as you can and get help." I held up the map of the tunnels. "Some of these passages look really small and unstable so that's why I assigned all of you these jobs. It could be really dangerous."
        "That's what makes it fun, Dipper!" Wendy said. "The excitement!"
        "Yeah!" Mabel added. "Like, weather or not we could DIE at any moment really keeps the blood pumping!" I looked over at her big, wide smile. I saw that Lilac was too, and she looked really confused.
        "Alright." I said. "Mabel and I go first. Then Soos, Wendy, and Lilac goes in behind."
        "Okay, guys?" Soos asked. "I know that this is, like, super intense and all, but how do we even get in? I can't see a door or an entrance anywhere."
        "Well, it's hidden." I explained. Wendy nodded.
        "That makes sense." she said.
        "Yeah, it needs a password." I went on. "Fortunately-"
        "FUNNEL CAKE!" Mabel screamed. I closed my eyes, sighing. "TOOT TOOT MCBUMBERSNAZZEL! CREAM-"
        "Mabel!" I said. She stopped, shrugging.
        "I was trying to guess." she said. Lilac chuckled. A tiny smile cracked on my face when she laughed. It was charming...Did I really just think charming?
        "Fortunately the password is in the journal." I said. I turned on the black light, revealing the password. I looked at it, then began chanting. "Tops Gnid Loh! Tops Gnid Loh! Tops Gnid Loh!"
        A rumbling shook the ground. Our feet waivered and I held onto the journal tightly. Lilac whimpered and I looked over. She seemed okay but worry was written over her face.
        Suddenly a large, gaping hold opened up in ground. It was black and sloped downward. I peered inside, and Mabel stepped next to me. Her sweater shed some light into the hole, illuminating a couple feet. I gulped, nervousness and excitement tingling in my fingers.
        "Let's go for it." I said, swallowing my nerves. I looked back at Lilac, who was smiling at me. Somehow I felt better just then.