Chapter 18

Instantly, my rapier was drawn. I pointed it at her neck and she backed up, lifting her hands. A mischevious smirk remained. Both the boys had weapons drawn too.
"How? And where's the princess!" I yelled. She didn't reply just kept staring at me. I pushed my rapier deeper. "WHERE? ANSWER!"
"You were deceived royally. Your best friend.....you couldn't even tell her apart from me."
My fighting instinct came in further. I pressed deeper.
"Jam...don't-"
The witch flicked her hand and Derrick went flying and hit a tree. She stared in my eyes as she did it.
"Do it Jam." She whispered, taunting me. Then she growled "Do it!"
I prepared myself to cut her throat, when I heard Taeuna yell "Jam your better than this!"
I froze. My eyes still locked on the witch's.
"How so?" I said.
"Your stronger Jam. I know you are. She's trying to get you to do this. Trying to do something to you. Fight it Jam. Fight it. This isn't you."
I gritted my teeth. Then discovered Taeuna was right. My rage was little but my instinct to survive high.
It must be the fighting instinct, I thought.
I pulled my rapier down. The witch wiped her throat, and looked at a bead of black blood on her finger. "I'm impressed."
"How?" I barked. "How did you become her?"
"Well, I became a part of her in Ravensdusk. When my student spun into that white and black mist? He just started the spell going. Then a part of me was deposited in her body. Then the food she ate. The first put me wholey. The second transported her soul and body....kinda... to the Lost Land where she is being kept. The witches had to have some kind of....assurance that you all would be coming. I suppose it isn't needed.
"You know, your not very observant. I mean, haven't you noticed your best friend hasn't used an ounce of magic? Some best friend you are."
"Can I kill her now?" I seethed. "We have our answers."
"Oh no you can't." She counted her fingers. "One you don't have the guts. Thats why when we were in that tavern you only gave the people injuries. Fatal ones. But killing? You don't have it in you."
"Dont test me." I warned my rapier back at her throat.
"Second," she said smiling, "you won't get my message that I came here to deliver. With so much struggle to do so."
"And what's that?" I asked
"It's a trap. I can't tell you what will happen, but its a trap."
"So what am I suppose to do? They have Elaina!"
"Let the boys get her. Your too...special. Everyone else is expendable. Your not." She said.
"And why's that?" I growled
"I can't say." She actually looked sorry.
I scoffed. "You know what? Go to hell. Im going to get Elaina. She's my best friend, and like a sister to me, aside from being my princess."
She scoffed now. "Don't say I didn't warn you. Now what are you gonna do with me?"
I glanced at Taeuna. Derrick still looked dazed.
"Tie you up." He said nodding at her.
She scoffed again. "Well we all know I'm a witch. If you tie me up I'll just break free. Let Jam do it. At least I'll be held down for awhile if she does it."
"Why's that?" I asked.
"You're special." She repeated
"I know. Everyone's special. You learn that stuff as kids."
"But you-"
"Taeuna, gag her. Then tie her. Make the knots tight. Maybe that'll hold her down awhile and keep her shut for a bit."
She sighed. "OK-ay. Don't say I didn't tell ya."
Taeuna got to work, making a gag out of leaves and bark with a bendy twig to tie it around her mouth.
Just before he put it on I asked one more question.
"Where's the baby?" I remembered the pregnant stomach she had in the farm.
"She's still there." She said, smiling faintly. "10 more months, and she'll be a witch baby."
I nodded at Taeuna to put the gag on.
After that he made a rope and tied her tight. She sighed through her nose, focused on me hard and then I heard her voice in my head.
Good luck. Your gonna need it.
I didn't even look at her as we continued to the Lost Land.

*what awaits Jam and the gang? (That sort of rhymes :)) ) we will see wont we? #excited! Next chapter coming out on Friday!
Pwease comment and vote.*