Chapter 31: little wishes

(Y/n)'s POV

"Good morning." Hianma said as she put down two plates in front of me and Matthew.

"But it's already afternoon." I tilted my head in confusion.

"It's suppose to give you the feel as to the theme of the whole diner... Breakfast." Matthew said.

"Oh..." Matthew had normal pancakes but he had quite a stack around ten pancakes and the maple syrup was like icing to a cake, there's no spot that hadn't been covered by the syrup. Then I looked at my stack of pancakes. Only two, fair amount of maple syrup, there's even ice cream to it on the side with chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles, a brownie and...

"Skittles!" I bounced on my chair as I popped a red skittle into my mouth. "This is awesome!" I took my fork and knife.

Slicing a piece of my pancake and chewing unto it. "Hmmm!" My lips turned into a grin as I swallowed.

"Do you like it?" Matthew asked me. I bopped my head up and down as I took more big bites.

A few more spoonfuls, I finally decided that there must be a diner like this back home. "Do you think they'll agree to expanding?" I asked, a miracle that I uttered out a sentence without disruption from the food still in my mouth.

"I don't quite catch up, little red."

I swallowed first before continuing my idea. "Do you think they'll accept the idea of expanding?"

"Expanding? But the diner's big enough..."

I shook my head and explained some more. "I mean would they accept my offer of cooking these dishes back at my place?"

Matthew's eyes were wide after he blinked them. "You would consider them cooking and selling them in Gleonia lands?"

"So that if I'm probably too lazy to make breakfast, I could head here... It would probably be much less of a hassle than flying here just for breakfast."

"Hmm." The blond looked to the side and at Kumajiro who silently ate maple syrup. Getting the sticky liquid all over her muzzle and paws and actually her frontal part of her body. "I could talk this with Hianma later on."

"I hope they're okay with it." I quietly wished. "And if they need help with money, I could totally help them right?"

"I'll do it for you then... It would be kind of awkward for them to accept money from a child..." He chuckled.

"I'll do anything to have this diner at home. For the pancakes!" I raised my fork up with a shout.

"For the pancakes." Matthew also raised his fork.

A few giggles erupted from a few tables beside us. I glanced at all of them to see fellow children raise up their forks. "For the pancakes!"

"For the pancakes!" Howled the employees with a laugh and fist pump.

~~~

"So where to next?" I yawned from my seat.

"We'll drop by my house. I have to retrieve some equipment. You could refreshen up a bit if you want."

I covered my mouth as I yawned again. "I'm sleepy Mattie... Could we have a siesta?"

"Of course. We could have a long siesta then we could go skating tomorrow." Matthew nodded.

"Thank you..."

"No problem, little red."