Chapter 24

Russia's POV

I put down my pen as my eyes drifted to the door. It has been around fifteen minutes since the little sunflower went to the bathroom. Do women take this much time in the bathroom always?

I shook my head and sighed. Remembering she didn't want to wander alone in my house. Fear of getting lost inside. Gleonia's fine. She just couldn't reach the sink... Right?

"AAAAAH!!!"

I stand up in guard as a scream passed throughout the house. "Sunflower." I muttered as I realized how high pitch the scream was.

Running out my office as I looked left and right of my hallways. "WAAAAH!!!" Another scream went out and it came to my left.

Started running farther to my left and hearing things breaking and crashing that was becoming to get louder. "Gleonia!"

When I rounded up the corner, I felt a little less worried but was now flashed with fear.

Under one of the tossed over wooden chair was a shaking little girl as she cowered away from another girl who was older than her. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The older female kept muttering as she tried to get the younger one out of the pile.

"(Y/n)." I sighed in relief. The younger girl looked up at me. Her (e/c) orbs tainted red and like glass. "Ivan!" She yelled as she crawled out of the chair and hugged my legs.

"Belarus. What have you done to scare the poor girl?" I asked as I peeled the poor child from my legs and brought her up in a hug. Her arms now clipped to my neck as she weeped silently.

My little sister hung her head down in shame as her eyes drifted off away. "Natalya." I called and she moved her head to the left. "(Y/n) is practically shivering like that small weird dog that makes me wonder if its Spanish, American or some other European dog. I think its called chiquita?... Chimamita?... Calihuwita?... Chihuahua!" I explained and exclaimed the last part.

Gleonia's small hold on my neck tightened as she moved her head to my scarf. "Please don't be mad at her..." She pleaded. "I just got surprised... That's all..." Gleonia stuttered.

((A/N: you know what? Fuck accents and country names. I'll stick to using human names... Well the countries would use human names but when in reader's pov, I'll use country names))

"No. It is not quite polite to show a child her dark side. I am sorry." Natalya bowed down as her hair hung to the sides of her face. (Y/n) turned, making her forehead press against my cheek. "It's not that bad." She whispered.

"I'm not actually surprised that you cried since we were in a dark hallway and you obviously look lost." Natalya shook her head.

(Y/n) sighed as I wiped the tears from her eyes with my thumb. She smiled at me and shared it with Natalya. "There is no need for apology. But I would really appreciate it if you avoid doing such... Whatever you may want to call it."

~~~

"Ivan."

I hummed in response. "She's sleeping."

"Da?"

There was a long pause before she spoke again. "What should I do?"

I chuckled at her, shaking my head. "You have to tuck her in."

"Natalya!" I whisper-shouted. "Take her out." I gave a disappointed look to her as she took out the child from her apron. "You tuck her in bed."

Belarus' POV

"Okay... Good night big brother." I bowed. Cradling the young one in my arms as I went out of his office. Heading to the room reserved just for (Y/n).

I glanced down to see the cute peaceful look on her face. She had her hands clipped to her chest as her lips were slightly parted. I hated children but I know I absolutely have no chance in hating the little country.

I pushed open the door to her room and closed it quietly behind me. I lifted up the (f/c) comforter and lay her down on the (2ndf/c) bed. I tucked her in and fixed her position.

Standing up straight and lowering my eyes at her figure. (Y/n) looked so fragile... So... Vulnerable...

The thought alone made me grip my dress. What am I thinking?!

... She's strong... Even at a young age... She was able to forgive me...

I groaned soundlessly. Rubbing a hand against my face. I sat down on the edge of the bed as I patted her hair.

'You need a hug.'

I frowned as I closed my eyes.

'Who would be there to take care of you?'

I didn't actually expect...

'There has to be someone...'

Someone...

'Who must...'

Stick to my side...

"Please... Defend me..."