Chapter 3: was I really the hero?

America's POV

"I can totally be a better parent than you." I crossed my arms and glared at Francis.

"Stupide garcon." Francis slapped me in the head. "I raised Matthew myself."

"Who?" I rubbed my head.

I got another slap but harder this time. "You forgot your own frere?" Francis shook his  head disappointedly.

"Oh.. Matthew." I rubbed my  head more.

"But a hero can always be a perfect parent!"

"A parent always have to be a hero." Francis slapped me in the head again.

"Would you stop it dude!"

"I don't get why you always have to be a hero." Francis sighed.

"I just have to." I whispered.

'Alfie! You'll be my hero right?'

I have to...

'You're my hero right?'

I'm always the hero..

'You'll save me when I'm in a pinch right?'

But I didn't...

'I'll wait for you okay?'

You waited...

'Alfred, my hero. And I'll be your sidekick!'

Was I really the hero?

"Oi Alfred." Francis waved a hand in front of my face. "What's wrong with you two? I've seen Matthew like his mind is in heaven."

"I'm sorry." We looked to see Matthew and Arthur standing by the door.

I massaged my left temple. "I need something to eat." I groaned.

"You always eat a lot you wanker." Arthur growled.

"Are you really okay?" Francis looked at me.

"Yeah."

~~~

'Damn that Arthur.' I clenched my fist as I kicked the tree, leaving a slight dent to the spot where I aimed. 'Always laughing at me like what I said is a joke.'

Tears started to brim my eyes. 'Ahhh!' I growled and messed with my hair. 'I'm just a child, but he doesn't need to fake everything for my sake.' I let out a tiny growl and rubbed my eyes with my arm.

"Hello, little one." A hand gently petted my head and I moved my arm to look up. A woman probably at the age of her late teens smiled down at me, her (e/c) orbs were calm and looked like they held wisdom or something. I snapped my eyes back to the tree I faced. "I'm (Y/n). You can trust me... I know what you are because you are what I am."

I slowly glanced at her. "You're... a country too?"

She smiled wider and giggled with a nod. "Yes little one, I'm Gleonia."

"I'm Alfred F. Jones! The great hero of America!" I tried to act like how I usually act.

Another hand turned me to the left, the woman now crouched down eye to eye with me. One of her hands held my shoulder while the other was right in front of my face.

"Ow!" I winced a little as she flicked her forefinger at my forehead.

(Y/n) still had a smile on her face. "You have to introduce yourself with more conviction." She advised. "Otherwise people would really not take you seriously."

"I'm not going to introduce myself again! That would make me look like an idiot." I pouted.

She giggled again and ruffled my hair. "I'm didn't say you had to do it again. I'm just helping you with your predicament."

"It's not a problem."

"I meant the issue you and your brother had earlier."

"You.." I stared at her with sad eyes. "Know England?"

"Of course! I met him when we were younger."

"Oh.." I looked down and frowned. "So you're friends with him huh.. You'll pick his side huh..."

"England is nothing to Gleonia. But Arthur is (Y/n)'s best friend. Gleonia may not be finding any allies, but (Y/n) is trying to find new friends." She pulled my chin up to look at her again. "You, America, are nothing to Gleonia. But you, Alfred, will be (Y/n)'s hero."

"I... don't get it." I whispered. "America and Alfred are both me."

"In time. You will get to know who is Alfred and who is America." (Y/n) kissed the spot where she flicked earlier.

"So until then, I'll be your sidekick."

Updated: 12/22/15