Ch. 44 - Bus Ride

Start from the beginning

Opening the front door, about to leave, you hear a gasp. Turning around quickly, you notice your parent rummaging through their pockets as they walk towards you.

"Here... you need this more than I do." They grin, handing you two fifty-dollar bills.

Chuckling, you question the sudden move they made, "When'd you have the time to get one hundred U.S. Dollars?"

"I knew you were leaving soon so before getting home from work, I picked this up."

"Thanks. I love you."

"Love you, too!"
Finally leaving your home, you roll the case out as you stepped out yourself.

Closing the door, you turn around to find Daniel and his case, ready to go.

"Are you ready, my darling?" He asked, as you walked towards him.

"Yes, sir, I am." You smile, kissing his cheek. "So, here's a hundred U.S. dollars."

His eyes widen as you hand him the money. "How?"

"That's what I'm saying! They said its to pay for some of the things. Hotel and all that jazz."

He nods, putting it in his pocket. "Well, the bus stop isn't to far, shall we?"

"We shall," you nod.

-

"The bus is soooo dirty." You whine, adjusting your seat next to Dan.

"What do you expect?" Turning to the yellow pole in front of you, he explains it. "Press that when we reach our destination. The bus will then stop, allowing us to exit off."

"Alright, Mr. Howell, what next, you're going to teach me how to put on a safety-belt?" You laugh.

"That's funny, because there is no safety-belt."
Your expression drops as he gets a laugh out of it. "Now, I brought my iPod and headphones, would you like to kill the time with the music?"

"Yes, please." You smile, taking one end of the earbud. "What song are you putting on?"

"I don't know, there's these guys... Australian I think, who sing these songs. I kind of like this one." His eyes squint at his screen as he tries to scroll through.
The way his face was scrunched up made you get distracted.

"Right?" He asked.

Smiling, you don't answer.

"What," He questioned. Starting to laugh.

Handling his chin, you pull his head towards you for a kiss.

"What was that for?"

You shrug. "Just thought you should know that I really am glad to be here with you."

"Well, as the kids say it these days, I'm going to say same." He giggles. "Now, this song is called 'Jet Black Heart' by... Five guys burgers and fries." He joked. "It's ironic 'cause they're are only four guys."

After pressing play, he turns his iPod into sleep mode while the music plays.

Everybody's got their demons,
Either wide awake or dreamin'.
I'm the one who ends up leavin',
Make it okay..