Ch. 14 - Impression?

As a reward for how successful the play was yesterday, the whole drama team had a free day where everyone was just relaxing and having fun on a Friday. You walk up to Dan uneasily, considering it's awkward on your end with the lack of friends you have in this class.

"Hey, bitch," Dan smiles at you, holding his arms out.

"Hi, Danny," you greet, looking up and down at him. His arms laid in front of him with the ends of the sleeve tucking under his fingers. Your eyebrows fuse together in confusion and amusement, "you want a hug?"

"Yeah, I think I should be a little more... nicer to people this year and on," he shrugs. "So, the Carnival is open the whole weekend... when will we be going?"

"We're free on both ends. We were going to ask you when you would be free?"

"Oh, any day, really. Tomorrow, yeah? Saturday? That way we can relax on Sunday and get back on that fantastic school schedule," Dan says, sarcastically.

"Okay, sure," you smile. "Phil said that it was walking distance so we should all meet up either there at the fair or at Phil's place."

You both work out the details throughout the whole class period until it ends. You then sigh, say your goodbyes, and head into last period, history.

-

"I don't know, sometimes I wonder how the animals understand us," Phil laughs. "I don't think dogs can understand English."

"Well, for us it's just the same word over and over again— bark bark bark. But how is English to them," you both wonder as you watch Philip play his Sonic game.

"I wonder if someone did see a blue hedgehog with big large spikes on his back and head, like, how do they make things up like this?" He laughs.

"Oh, so I talked to Dan about tomorrow," you remember.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, so I think a good time would be to go at two o'clock..."

"What are you gonna wear," Phil interrupts your thoughts.

"What am I gonna wear? I don't know, jeans and a t-shirt, what else?"

"Honey," Phil pauses the game, trying to be sassy. "If you're gonna do this thing with this man then, girl, we're gonna do it right!" He laughs.

"Geez, Phil, it's not like I'm a total disaster at dressing up!"

"Oh, you wanna dress up now," he teases you. You roll your eyes and hover your hand over his controller, tempted to mess up his playing, suddenly slamming your palm against the buttons, he exclaims at you as he moves away, still trying to stay alive.