Ch. 9 - Help Wanted!!

Enjoy!

Sydney claps her hands to get everyone's attention,
"Now, some of you may know that there is a little play... assembly in the beginning of the year. You must participate in the play unless told otherwise... I will be giving out roles to play and I will see if they have been good choices or not," she announces.

"What's it about," Dan shouts from the crowd.

"About bullying and stuff. Meeting new people. The usual," she answers. "Now, Daniel and Y/N.." She yells. You and Dan step forward and wait for any orders. "You two will not be in the same... area of the whole play. I'm thinking of letting you, Daniel, in the play and you, Y/N, in charge of anything behind. Is that alright," she asked.

Dan nodded, saying it was perfectly fine and you agreed. To be honest, not being in the very first play of the year isn't exactly what you want. But working in the blackbox could be fun.

"Great," the teacher says, excitedly. "Y/N, is it okay if I put you in charge of their acting? You write down their names, roles, and how they're doing."

"Yeah! Sure, that'd be great," you smile.

"Thank you, Y/N. If there is anybody you know that can help out in the back, just let me know," she winks at you as she walks away.

You have the perfect person in mind for this. Though, you won't be able to tell him until after school.

After this period, you have history.

le skip to end of day brought to you by The Hat Fic. Buy a hamster and do of it what you will!•

After being excused from history class, you run to the front office, leading to the front of the school. Looking around for Phil, you feel a big lump of weight onto your back, legs weakening.

You groan in surprise and pain, "why do you keep doing that?" You manage to say as you laugh.

"It's fun! Now, ride, my trusty sea horse," he commands, though you break your balance and fall to the ground, both of you on your side.

Laughing, you two get up, remembering why you were looking for him.

"Philly-boy," you get his attention.

"Philly-boy?" He repeats, confused. "Seems odd. What do you want from me?"

"Oh, just a little favor," you smile at him as you both continue walking, you leading him to the front office, though he doesn't notice. "I need you to come with me and ... oh, I don't know, help with the assembly?"

"What? No, no, no," he laughs a bit. "I'll be terrible! I'm so clumsy and my legs are... long and flimsy!"
He looks around as you both keep walking. "Why are we here?"

"Because you obviously just told me that you are totally capable of helping with the back of the assembly and how you're not clumsy or have flimsy long legs," you say back as he glares at you.

After walking around the school, you find the teacher, Sydney, walking out of the cafeteria.

"Oh, there she is," you say, excitedly.

"No- Y/N?" Phil whines.

"Miss Sydney!" You shout. She turns around and smiles towards you two. "I got someone to help with the stage."

"Oh, you're the boy who waited for her after all her auditions! What a pleasant to meet you.." She mumbles as she holds out her hand for a handshake, though, Phil's hand was in a fist so he did an awkward thing.

"Uh— hello, Miss Sydney," he stutters.

"This is Philip," you introduce him.

"Hmm." She smiles, then frowns and turns a bit hard on him. "Call me Miss S."

"Yes. Ma'am." Phil throws his head down, looking at the floor.

She then smiles again towards you and gives out a piece of paper to Phil. "You must keep this and use it to come to the cafeteria during sixth period every day until the assembly day. By then, give your teachers this paper and let them know that you will be helping with the play." Miss S gives off a huge list for Phil on what to do. She then looks at you and you both smile. "I'll see you two tomorrow."

After saying your goodbyes, Philip and you turn around and start walking home.

"Gosh, she hates me already!"

"I think she secretly likes you," you say, trying to make him feel better.

He rolls his eyes, "you coming to my house today?"

"Sure. After all, I should teach you the works of being backstage. I'm in charge," you brag.

"Ooh, I'm so jealous," he says, sarcastically.