Ch. 8 - Stage Three

Photo; Credit to maker.

The late bell ringing, you already seated, Daniel walks in and sits at his desk by you. "Yo," he greets, smiling. "You excited?"

"For?" You question, leaning back in your seat.

"The callbacks! This is our last chance, Y/N, we'll either make it or lose it, it's your choice on however you want to act it out!" He shouts, as if he was your motivator.

"Well, jeez, Dan, no need to yell so much."

The ringer going off from the speakers, showing the announcements are coming on, the principals' voice becomes, "Hello, students! For you drama kids out there, here are the names of the ones who made it so far... I know you're excited to hear the names of; Daniel James Howell.."

The classroom applauds as Dan face palms, "Why'd they say the middle name?"

"Y/Full/N," the principle continues, class applauding.

"Nice work, you two, you both were the first said," Mr. Dapper smiled.

"I was first, though," Dan stated, being cocky about his part.

"Bite me," you snapped back, rolling your eyes as he made a chomping motion with his teeth; smiling widely after.

-

"No, Phil, but I think I can do this," you assure him, picking at your lunch. "It was kind of weird last time, though."

"Kind of? You mean, a lot of," Phil laughed. "You two kissed!"

Shushing him as he laughed aloud, you sigh, "whatever. I just need to make this cut and it'll all be over."

"Well, you'll still be stuck with Dan and there'll be nothing to do about it, and-" you cut Philip off with your hand to his lips, frowning.

"Shut up. Like, right now."

-

"Alright, kids," Sydney starts, walking into the room; arms crossed. "It's time to come together for the last tryouts of Drama class!" She clasps her hands together and starts to partner up students. "First of all, I personally think Daniel Howell and Y/Full/N do very well together so you two, obviously, are going to be today's partners," she states.

After the rest of the kids get together for the acts, Sydney hands you a script.

"This doesn't look that bad," you state, sharing the paper with Daniel. "Basically, just act like I'm dying and follow the script," you shrug.

"Yeah, this is just a preparation for when you actually die," Dan rolls his eyes at you. "Look, let's just get this over with so we can get in."

You dramatically lean back with your hand on your chest, "Daniel, you really believe I have a chance?"

"I'm just saying that because you need the boost," he barks at you. "Come on."

-

You being on the floor, acting sick due to rehearsals, Daniel comes around and attempts to hold you up, just as the script said. "Y/N, please don't go," he cried. "You leave me and it's like a piece is missing!"

Wow, he's really good, you thought, coughing a bit to make it really seem as if you were sick.

About to hit your que of falling dramatically onto the ground, you feel an object of some sort sliding on your back. Thinking its Dan's hand, trying to hold you up, it slides further down to your bottom and gropes.