Ch. 21 - whoop Gotta Blast

*

"Heree, heree," Daniel shouts as he walks through the classroom. "The king of drama has arrived!"

You roll your eyes as a smile forms on your face. He plops down onto his seat and turns his body towards you, smirking. "Hey there, beauty."

"Beauty," you repeat, surprised. "Since when was I a beauty?"

"Always, my little angel."

You chuckle. "When have I been your angel?"

"Since now, we're not playing 20 Questions, are we?" He squints his eyes a bit, biting his lip.

"You're acting odd," you scoot your chair closer to him and touch cheek and forehead.

"Hmm," he chuckles. "Your hand is soft."

"Is it now?" You laugh again. His face is warm and his eyes seem to be a different shade. "I think you're going to need to go to the nurse." You raise your hand to excuse yourself, though, Dan grabs your wrist, pulling it down.

He shakes his head, "no."

"No what?"

"No teacher. No class. No nurse." He slowly closes his eyes and opens them again.

You hold his wrist with one hand and raise your other, asking to be excused with Daniel. After Mr. Dapper allows the two of you, you both stand outside the class with your bags.

"What's wrong," you ask, leaning against the wall.

"I don't know, what's wrong with you?"

You roll your eyes, pulling him towards the front office, away from the hallway you're both in. Though, Daniel pulls away, swinging his arm to the side. Him being stronger than you, you slide to where his arm goes, your back hitting the wall. You groan from the pain.

Dan stands in front of you, smirking. "Please, kiss me," he says.

Being too afraid, as of everything is happening too quickly, you lift your knee upwards, hitting him near his crotch. He detaches from your wrist and falls to the ground. His eyes pop, suddenly turning to his natural brown.

"Oof," he lets go of his breath in pain.

You sigh. "Now you really need the nurse," you laugh to yourself, helping him up.

"The fuck was that?"

"My knee," you answer. "Force me to do something one more time," you say, trying your hardest to hold in the laughter.

-

"Y/N! I can't believe you did that," Phil laughs as he jogs by your side.

"Well, I was scared," you admit.

"I'm glad you were scared," He chuckles, jogging towards his PE teacher as he marks by his name, and continues jogging. "One more lap."

"You're gonna do the whole mile," you ask, surprised.

"Yeah," he laughs. "Might as well, while I'm already going."

You shrug, "I guess I'll do the same."

You jog to your own teacher, him marking by your name as you jog back to Phil, continuing the lap.

"Do you believe me now," Phil asks.

"Believe you? About what?"

"About Dan! Him wanting you and forcing... do you believe me now?"

You roll your eyes, "no. He was just a bit... loopy." Phil groans aloud.

"You're doing it again! Stop trying to defend him. Keep in reality, Y/N, you know it inside." Phil huffs out, obviously tired from the running. "Did he end up going to the nurses' office?"

"Yeah. That's why he's not here. His dad picked him up."

"Did you see him?"

You nod, "he was nice, again."

Phil rolls his eyes, thinking of other lies Dan could be telling his best friend. "I'm going my separate way. Meet with me when you're done."

"Kay," you reply, as you both jog to your teachers.
As you're being marked, Mr. Lopez tells you your grade for the day.

Running up to Phil, he tells you his grade. "A."

You show an OK signal with your fingers. "I need water," you whine.

"You're not alone," he laughs.

-

"Hamlet was a prince from where," you read off the index card given to you by Miss Sydney.

"Uh, Denmark," he answered. You then nodded and moved that card to one pile and moved onto the next card.

"Hamlet is the son of who?"

"Well," he became silent.

You nod at his answer. "Well?" Daniel glares at the cards. You chuckle, "are you trying to read through them?"

"I'm trying to read your mind, but, it's not working."

Playfully rolling your eyes, you assure him that he knows it. He denies and you sigh, "come on." He shrugs, making you groan with impatience. "You're useless."

"Don't remind me," he jokes.

You were sitting in your lounge, giving Dan a little quiz to help him get an idea to play things out. He wasn't going to get these answers right; you change the subject. "Didn't you have a brother? I'm sure we all went to the same school," you ask, flipping through the cards.

"Oh, Adrian? Yeah, he lives with Mum. We talk... used to." He chuckles. "You remember him?"

"Just a bit. Not a lot, though," you shrug. "You wanna continue," you ask, picking up the cards.

"Nah," he shakes his head. "I'm fucking tired."

"Are you? How come?"

"Haven't slept very well lately. Dad's been up, blah blah blah," he exclaims, swaying his arms around in circles above his head. His father has been really nice to you, during school and off. Is he hiding his harassment towards Dan? Or is Phil correct about him lying?

Staring into Dan's eyes without saying anything made you realize he could be lying, about everything. You blink a few times and turn away to return to reality as your head felt a stinging pain against Dan's. You both lean back, hissing in pain.

"How'd you get so close to me," you laugh, holding onto your head.

"I-I-I was going to l-lean in a-a-and you ju-just turned and I-I, I guess we- you- uh," he was obviously panicking over what just happened.

You laugh a loud. "Wha- What? You went to lean in and kiss me?"

"Whell- I didn't know you were gonna turn your head and I kind of just—" Dan stopped himself from talking any further and looks down, not wanting eye contact.

You stare at him oddly, raising your eyebrows. "Hey," you call, trying to calm him. He slowly shakes his head and quickly stands up.

"I gotta go," he mutters, walking himself towards the exit, shuffling out shamefully.