Ch. 40 - What About Trust

Photo; I wish it was mine, jc it's beautiful

Third Person POV.

Waiting for the guys to get out of school took forever.

You never realized how long education is till now.

As you laid on your bed upside down on the edge, flipping through your social media, you heard a light tap on your window.

Looking towards it, you notice the large smiles of Daniel and Philip; waves and fingers pointing towards the front door.

Smiling yourself, you attempt to roll off the bed. Forgetting you were at the edge, you spun off the bed and landed face-first.

'I'm good' you mouthed to the boys as they uncontrollably laughed at you.

Getting to the front door, you open it and a swarm of laughter was heard behind the screen door.
"You're such a dork!" Phil shouted.

"You're worse than him!" Dan pointed to your best friend.

"You know, maybe I should leave you out here-" you joke, their eyes widening at you're statement.
"That's what I thought." You smiled, allowing them in.

As you all sat on the sofa, you started a conversation.

"So, how was school?" You asked, sounding like their mother.

"It was good!" Phil smiled. "There was an empty seat behind me and the kid that sits next to you threw his backpack on your seat."

"Yes, and I beat him down because of it." Dan joked. "No, but Bethany took over and she did well."

Nodding, you were surprisingly okay with him mentioning her. Beth was beautiful, smart, nice and all, but the one thing you really worried about him talking about was Kalel.

She wasn't your favorite subject.

"Yeah- in science, we did a lab and figured out why this can had sneezed and collapsed." Phil said, excited.

"The can sneezed?" Dan interrupted.

Your friend then laughed as you did, and tried to correct himself.

"I meant squeezed."

About to hold Daniels' hand, he moves it to his phone in his back pocket.

"Who is it?" You wonder aloud.

"Kalel."

Your sudden burst of adrenaline kicked it.
Why does he have Kalel's number?

"Why do you have her number?" Phil asked, as if he was reading your mind.

"She said she wanted it so we could throw some shit together for work." Dan stated as he replies to the text.

"No- Dan, literally why do you have her number?" You question, trying to stay calm.

"For working!" He repeats.

"Well, what did she say?" Philip asked.

"She said 'Hey'."

"How many Y's?" Phil wondered.

"Like... five."

Phil threw his head into his hands and sighed. "That's not work, Daniel," he mumbled.

Okay, no jumping to conclusions. Maybe she really did want to talk about drama class.

"What'd you say back?" You asked, trying to stay reasonable and calm.