I threw him a triumphant smile and he took a step back, one hand over his mouth to stop himself from saying anything else.

'Who said anything about bombs?' I rolled my eyes as his back hit the closed door, his eyes widening when he realized he had nowhere to run. 'Seems like you're all out of space to run, Robin.'

I wonder how long he was going to pretend that we don't know each other? Things just got more interesting.

×××

'Wait, what now? They know each other...' Flash said, tapping his fingers repeatedly on the table, 'Did you know—'

'No, I didn't.' The Bat said slowly, gritting his teeth.

They all turned to the screens. Robin definitely had some explaining to do.

Shadow bent over and started laughing. Everyone reeled back in shock, her laugh...it sounded so innocent.

'Just shut up okay?' Robin said quietly.

'So, who was it? Who got you tied to a bomb this time?' Shadow whispered back like they were having a secret conversation.

'No one—' He started.

'Was it the cat?' Shadow started, concealing her laughter terribly.

'No! It was the Joker.' Robin glared at her.

'Why so serious, Robin?' Shadow asked and tilted her head slightly.

He hit his head on the nearest wall and glared at her. 'Please stop.'

The gangleader cleared her throat and ignored his actions. 'But seriously, better the clown than the cat, right?'

Robin glared at her again.

'So tell me, how did you end up, upside down... eight bombs strapped to you... over a tub of bubbling acid...a cat with the trigger?' Shadow asked, disguising her laughs as coughs.

'Honestly, I want to know. After all, I was the one who had to disarm the poor feline, defuse the bombs and get you down from there, safely, well, mostly.' Her voice was filled humor..

Tucking the key into a hidden pocket, he spoke. 'I don't think I'm going to unlock your cuffs.'

She blinked and frowned. 'Why not?'

He walked forward to stand in front of her. 'From the five times I've met you—'

Shadow interrupted him. 'Six, counting now. You know, this is the first time I've seen you not tied to explosives.'

He sighed. 'Not the point. As I was saying, I know you can get out of those cuffs closing yours eyes.'

She looked at him inquisitively. 'Is that so? Well, Batman asked you to take me to my cell, it's your job, not mine.'

'She knows.' Batman said into his comm.

Robin ignored him and switched his comm off.

'He switched it off.' Diana sighed. 'Just great.'

Robin, what are you up to? Bruce glared into the floating screens.

'So you knew?' The boy wonder said, running his hand through his hair.

'I memorized the walking patterns of all the leaguers, yours were lighter, yet, filled with more purpose than the others. At step thirty, I knew you were on a mission, at step sixty two you were anxious, your steps had increased pace.