Hol' Up

Chapter Twenty-Eight

#Xena POV

I pulled up to my house ready to crawl into my bed. I was exhauste from the day. After everything going on with the family and making sure I was doing good in school was very tedious.

I unlocked the front door before letting myself. The house seemed quiet which was strange because it was never quiet at the house. I made my way up the stairs to my moms room slowly opening the door. My mother laid sleep on her bed wrapped up in her cover and pillows. She's probably tired from album signing she did at the mall. Plus she'll be going to Europe for a three week tour. I closed her door back making my way to my room. Xavion was probably out with Vanessa and Xylia was with Marissa.

I checked my mail seeing a letter from my university. I opened it seeing that it was from my advisor.

Hello Ms. Adams. I have some very interesting news to share with you. Your internship with being the mayor really benefitted you. All mayors of the U.S. recommend their assistants when they succeed with their job. It seems you got the highest report with no mistakes. The U.S. would like for you to accept a job as the President of the United States top and personal assistant. Isn't that exciting? They want to know your response by the end of the semester because the last assistant is retiring. I'll email it if you don't seem to get this message.

Kelly Waters

I gasped rereading the paper in my head right more times. Me assisting the president? I could feel my jaw dropping. I can't believe it. This is huge like extremely huge. I feel like my heart is exploding with an overflow of emotions. Anxiety, happiness, overwhelmed, sad? I would be leaving my family to venture out to do my own dreams. Father always said he could see his little girl in the White House. Well I'll finally get to make him happy.

#Malinda POV

I watched as Celeste swayed to some Kendrick Lamar playing on my Bluetooth speaker. I didn't have cable yet because I don't even watch tv much. When I got the chance I was probably only going to get internet so that I can play my Xbox One online.

Celeste curly hair is growing a lot because it's starting to past her ear. I don't have a problem with it growing but I like her hair shorter. It looks cute on her and it brings out her freckles more.

"Celeste do you want children?" I asked watching her.

She paused looking at me. "Yeah I've thought about it before. Why? Do you want kids?"

I wrapped my arms around her waist laying my head in her neck. "With you I can picture taking over the world."

She laughed pushing me off of her. "Girl shut up." She slid her purple maxi dress on turning to me. "Is this appropriate for wherever we're going today?"

I looked at her up and down before nodding. "Hell yeah but you look good in anything."

Celeste and I were going on a double date with Amari and Xylia. I usually don't hang out with Xylia much but this will surely make up for the past times when we didn't.

"Cmon Celeste. We need to go." I yelled as I walked to the door.

"Alright alright. Don't get your panties in a bunch negro." She yelled back walking out my room making her way to me.

We took hands as I led her to my car and opening the door for her. She smirked. "Ohhh so sweet. Opening the door for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Woman if you don't get your ass in the car."

She laughed before getting in the car. This woman is going to be the death of me I swear.

We pulled up to Applebee's after dealing with Celeste sing to all the songs on the radio. When we pulled up, Celeste cheered.

"Yes some good food." She looked to the entrance. "Hey that looks like Xylia over there."

I chuckled. "That's because we're going on a double date love."

She playfully smacked my arm. "Why did you wait to tell me?"

I laughed. "I like messing with you. It amuses me."

I turned the ignition off getting out of the car before helping Celeste making Celeste laugh again.

We walked up to Xylia and Amari. Celeste gave Xylia a big hug cheesing.

"It's nice to meet you again." Celeste smiled.

Xylia smiled as well. "It's nice to get to see you too." She looked my way. "Sup Malinda."

I nodded my head toward her.

"Well let's go in." She said not even bothering to look Amari way and walked in. He rolled his eyes mumbling something before following her.

Celeste and I looked at each other before following them. What the hell is going on with them? Last time I seen them they was cool.

The waiter took us to a booth and I sat down with Celeste beside me. I brought her ear towards me.

"If you try to pay for your own meal I'm going to punch you in the face." I whispered in her ear.

She rolled her eyes laughing. "You still mad about that from last time?"

This time I rolled my eyes. "Yeah cus you wanted to be annoying and not listen to me."

"Alright I won't do it this time." She giggled.

"Good." I smiled kissing her cheek.

I looked over to Amari and Xylia. Unlike us, they weren't boo loving. They simply looked at the menu not saying anything to each other.

"Um so how are you guys doing?" I asked rubbing Celeste's leg.

Amari was about to open his mouth when Xylia interrupted him. "We're doing good." She smiled kissing his cheek.

He smiled. "Yeah we're doing good." He put his arm over her shoulder. She looked like she wanted to rip it off.

After eating our food and paying for our bill, we went our separate ways. Celeste looked at me before laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked as I pulled into my driveway.

"Them. They looked like they were ready to rip each other's heads off."

"You noticed that too. Yeah I was looking at them like what the fuck." I shrugged. "I'll hit Xylia up and ask her what's going on."

"Yeah because today was just awkward."

She wasn't lying. Today was awkward as hell. I need to know if Xylia cool.

How did you feel Xena? Do you think she should go to D.C.?

Aren't Celeste and Malinda cute as hell? How you feel about Malinda and her baby talk?

What's going on with Amari and Xylia?

Leave some feedback. Much love. Vote and comment.

Celeste looking sexy up above with her flexible self.