Maybe We Can Try

Chapter Thirteen

Two weeks later........

#Xylia POV

I licked my lips before applying my MAC clear lip gloss. I looked at my outfit before smiling. I had on a white simple  v-neck back out dress. It was knee length and a high slit on the side. I slipped on my white with gold Jimmy Choos heels on. I slid on my gold bangles and gold hoops on. A football player that Xavion is cool with was having a white out party and I was gladly making my way there. The whole gang came over to get ready.

A knock on the door interrupted me. I turned around to see Marissa walking in. She had on a Chanel white jumpsuit with a silver mirror belt and matching silver Chanel sandals. All of her bruises was healed up except for this big bruise on her head that she was ashamed of.

I smiled. "Hey pretty lady. You ready to go?" I asked walking over to her. My heels clicking against the tile.

She shrugged. "Not really but you guys are going to make me go right."

I nodded. "Yup." I said making sure I popped my lips at the 'p'. It took a lot of convincing to get Marissa out the house. She has been avoiding her family and friends every chance she got covering up the makeup. I promised her I wouldn't tell anybody.

Kendrick was in the hospital for a week. He told everyone he got mugged. Shit he better lie or that was his life. He hasn't talked to Rissa since then other to apologize. Also he couldn't play for basketball season which made me laugh.

I smiled. "C'mon before we're late." I said grabbing my gold clutch. The twins, Vanessa, Jesus, and Malinda had already left for the party already so I decided to take my all white Cadillac ATS. I checked everything before pulling out the driveway. I don't know why but I felt like someone crazy was going to happen at this party. I shrugged it off. It wasn't nothing I couldn't handle.

#Malinda POV

I slipped on my wild berry margarita pulling down my all white romper. I hated exposing this much skin. I was tempted with throwing on some jeans before I came but Rissa wasn't with it. I luckily made it out the house with my white Jordan 11's without anybody saying anything. Jesus walked over to me smiling.

"It's already packed in here man. Bitches is everywhere." He said smiling happily.

I laughed before nodding. "Yeah there's a lot of sexy bitches here but I'm trying to find one right now."

"And who might that be?" A soft voice asked beside me cockily. I turned my head to see Celeste standing there smiling. I almost choked on my drink seeing what see was wearing. She had a white spaghetti strap crop top and white lace pencil skirt that showed off her long legs. On her feet was white Gucci heels that I bought her for her birthday last year. I bit my lip hugging here sneakily grabbing on her ass.

"Hey baby." I whispered in her ear. I don't know why but seeing her made me happier.

She smiled brightly making her freckles look beautiful on her face. "Hey baby. Is this Jesus that you told me about?"

I nodded looking over to Jesus who was smiling over at us. "Yes this is him. He's like a brother to me."

She stuck her hand out smiling. "Hi I'm Celeste."

He put his hand in her hand smiling as well before shaking it. "Jesus. I've heard things about you."

Celeste chuckled. "I hope only good things."

He nodded. "Of course."

I leaned back finishing my drink just watching them converse. Jesus pulled out his phone checking it before frowning and groaning.