Making Decisions

Chapter Twenty-Seven

#Vanessa POV

I rebraided my hair to three braids smiling to myself. I liked the way my hair looked braided even though it never stayed this way.

My buzzed loudly and Xavion's face appeared on the screen. I sat down on my bed answering it smiling.

"Hello baby." I giggled flipping my braids back.

"What you doing baby?" He asked. He looked like he was in his room smoking.

"Just finished my hair, do you like it?" I asked.

He nodded. "Hell yeah I like that. Then again I like anything on you." He smirked.

I blushed rolling my eyes. "Stop being inappropriate."

He laughed. "You know I'm just messing with you. Are you busy today?"

I shook my head. "No I don't have anything to do. Why?"

"I'm about to come get you and take you out. Dress casual. We ain't going nowhere too fast."

I nodded. "Okay baby I will. Text me when your outside or beep."

"Ite I love you." He said giving me one of his charming smile.

"I love you too." I hung up getting off my bed.

I made my way to my closet finding a fitting yellow maxi dress and white bow sandals. I pulled out my yellow MK bags transferring everything from my black LV bag into it.

I could hear Xavion beep the horn from outside. I quickly ran down the steps as best as my long tight dress would let me run.

Xavion stood beside his car waiting for me to get there before wrapping his arms around my waist lifting me up as our lips connected.

I giggled leaning back. "I see someone missed me."

He rolled his eyes smirking. "Am I not aloud to give my girl some sugar?"

I laughed out loud. "I never said that."

He let me go putting me back on the ground. "That's what I thought. I thought I told you to wear something casual nigga."

I looked at my outfit before looking back at him. "Nigga this is my casual outfit. Now let's go I'm hungry."

He helped me up into his truck before making his way over to his side and pulling off. My phone buzzed twice. I got a text message.

Mommy: Y'all are cute. I'm glad to see that your happy darling. Be home by a reasonable time or check up.

I smiled putting my phone back in my purse. Xavion looked over at me real fast before looking back on the road.

"Who was that?" He asked looking at me smiling.

"It was my mom. She's happy that we're happy."

He nodded continuing to drive. The rest of the ride was in a calming silence until we pulled up to the park.

I looked at him confused. "I thought you said we was going out to eat."

He looked at me laughing. "We are going to eat. I know you didn't forget about Donald's hot dog stand."

I looked at him rolling my eyes laughing. "Nigga if you would of told me that we was going to the park I wouldn't of wore this dang dress."

He shrugged. "Oh hush your bighead ass up. Told you to dress casual but you didn't listen to me."

We got out the car walking to the stand. I ordered a hot dog with bacon and cheese on top and he got himself a hot dog with a pickle on top. He led me over to a bench before sitting down. We ate our hot dogs in peace observing the park. Children were running around the playground and in the far right some family was having a cook out.

Xavion paused looking at me. "Vanessa I need to talk to you."

I looked at him smiling. "Sure baby what's up?"

"Alright look. You know how this is my last year and all. Well a couple NFL football teams are trying to draft me. The Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Oakland Raiders, and the Baltimore Ravens all want me. The Saints are providing me the most money and the contract is seven years."

I frowned feeling like someone sat on my heart. What does this all mean for us? "So you're leaving me?"

He bit his lip. "No I'm asking that you come with me."

#Marissa POV

I made my way to my next class drinking my Mocha frappe from Starbucks. Days passed since the gang all met up together and things have been back together. A lot of people asked about me and Kendrick and why we weren't together. I shrugged off a lot of people telling a few that we simply weren't together anymore. I didn't even communicate with him whatsoever anymore.

I turned the corner and stopped when I seen what I seen. I closed my eyes and reopened them to see my eyes weren't deceiving me. I seen Sampson hugged up on this girl I heard name was Maya. My heart cletched seeing him lift up her head with her chin before kissing her.

My books dropped causing them to jump and look my way. Sampson's mouth opened but I shook my head picking my books back up and running. I felt the painful tears slide down my face. I tried holding them in but they didn't stop. I made it to my car quickly searching for my keys when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I jumped turning around to see Sampson.

I threw my stuff in my car before pushing him.

"Don't fucking touch me Sampson." I yelled wiping my pointless tears. There was no point crying over someone who wasn't even my boyfriend.

He shook his head. "No Marissa. I need you to hear me out."

I threw my hands in the air. "Why? You made your bed."

"That was a mistake. I don't know what overcame me."

I shrugged. "I know what overcame you. You kissed her. She didn't kiss you. You pulled her face to you." My head dropped. "I don't want to be a bother to you."

He pulled me to him. "Your not a bother to me. I want to be with you."

"You have a funny way of showing it." I shook out of his hold again. "Look just do you and I'm going to do me."

I got into my car not giving him a chance to respond and pulling off. My heart was too broken to get hurt again.

Do you think Vanessa should go to New Orleans with Xavion? Is Marissa overreacting? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Things are going to get heavy. Just wait and see. Show Love. Feedback is always nice.