I still wasn't enough of a distraction.

Robin was still being overwhelmed with numbers and the rest of team wasn't doing any better.

This was so frustrating.

I landed back on the ground and threw the needle at the first person I saw.

One down, a company to go.

I needed to be faster. Kill faster.

I closed my eyes, hearing the ordered footsteps of fellow Shadows marching towards me with precision and deadly accuracy, in a formation I had participated time and time again under the Demon's Head, Ra's Al Ghul.

I wasn't at Mount Justice.

I was a killer.

My eyes opened as I wrapped my fingers around the neck of the target in front of me, twisting my grip until I heard a snap.

I am a killer.

Dropping the body, I swung my arm back, elbowing the attacker behind me in the face.

People were nothing but targets.

As he fell I lifted him up by the collar, pulling his limp body in front of mine to use as a shield. I could imagine the horror in his eyes as the teammate he had trained with for several years ended his life.

I shouldn't care.

His body slumped to the floor. Time felt frozen as I grinned at the horrified assassins.

I didn't care.

The once smug leader turned to me with fear in his eyes, his smile fallen a long time ago, 'You're—:

'—all going to die tonight.' I completed, walking up to him and grabbing him by the shirt, forcing his gaze down to my eye level, 'and it's all because of you.'

I relished their fear.

He started trembling, at first with fright, then . . . something else.

Craved it.

He started laughing, spitting out a mouthful of black blood. 'We are under attack from the Nightshade!'

He screamed hysterically, his laughter dying out into choked screams as his life faded away.

Admirable. I thought, pulling my hand out of his chest. Trying to end your own life. . . like o would let you.

I stared at the warm blood coating my hand in disgust. If I concentrated hard enough, I could still feel the pulsing of his heart against my fingers.

Sadly, I'm not interested in whatever secrets you might know.

I looked around, searching for my needle before finally spotting the assassin whose throat had been pierced through with it.

Pulling it out gingerly, I wiped it on my sleeve. No one tried to approach me.

Ah. . . Robin wouldn't want this anymore. It's golden glow had faded. It was chipped in several places and covered in so much blood that you'd think it was originally red.