Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Kat's P.O.V.

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty," Someone nudged my shoulder.

"Hmmm, 10 more minutes," I slurred through my words, half asleep.

"But it's a very special day," They said.

I yawned, slowly opening my eyes. I looked up at the shadow hovering above me. It was Matt.

"What's so special about being one year older? It was fun when I was young, now I just feel old," I sighed as I sat up. Matt gasped like a little kid.

"You are not old! I'm the one who's getting old...I'm gonna be thirty-one this year! You're only twenty-six!" Matt frowned, as he sat down next to me. "Think of it as another year to do fun and crazy things. To experience something new in life."

"You don't look thirty, you look like you're about twenty-seven, Mr hottie. It's not that bad I guess..." He was right, there were so many things I had to try, showing I am young.

"See!" He placed a tray full of food and a cup of coffee on my lap. "I made you breakfast."

"Awww, thank you, you didn't have to!" I cooed at him, as I read the toast. It said 'I love you birthday girl' in chocolate syrup. "Come on, lets eat together."

"No, it's ok, I'll go make something else," He smiled, about to stand up.

I grabbed his wrist and turned his face towards mine.

"You're not going anywhere. Lets share," I broke a piece of the toast off and handed it to him.

"But-" I shoved the piece of toast in his mouth as he spoke.

"Now chew," I winked at him.

He chuckled and put the tray on the cabinate next to the bed. I took the plate with the toast on it and sat on his lap.

"I love you," I said, taking a bite from the toast.

"I love you too, birthday girl," Matt kissed me on my cheek.

I wanderd down the stairs, after breakfast with Matt, in black leggins and a spotted tunic. My hair tied in a messy bun, ready for the day ahead.

The house was really quite. Tommy was playing on his PS3 and I think Nathan was with mum in the kitchen, dad was at work at usual and Matt was upstairs.

This was weird, every morning on my birthday I'd get a big birthday cheer, even dad waited and went to work late. Now, everyone's ignoring me...what's changed?

"Morning, you guys ok?" I said, walking into the kitchen.

Nathan turned around and threw his hands up, grinning.

"Happy birthday!!" He crushed me in a hug.

"Thanks...Nathan...I can't breathe..." I choked into his chest.

"Sorry..." He pulled me back.

"Oh yes, it's your birthday today isn't it, I completely forgot," My mother tittered nervously and then hugged me.

My own mother forgot my birthday?! The woman who went through all that pain and gave birth to me forgot the day I was born?! Ouch.

Tommy walked through the door, moving straight to the fridge.

"Tommy, is there something you'd like to say to your sister...?" My mum gave him a strange look.

"I...umm...hi...?" Tommy had no idea what was going on.