Chapter 4

Camila's POV

I'm on my way home from school, deep in thought. I can't seem to stop thinking about what my friends said at lunch, they had been going on and on about Lauren, to the point where I was sure they were more interested in her than I am. They did however have a point, Lauren has only seen my backside, she probably has no idea who I even am or what I look like.

How can I introduce myself without looking crazy? 'Hi, I'm the girl you pass every morning before school and I kind of have a gigantic crush on you. Nice to meet you, my name is Camila' Yeah, no, I don't think so. Maybe something less awkward and less straightforward, I could just compliment her like 'Nice skateboard'. No, that wouldn't be casual enough; we've "known" each other too long for that.

I'm so deep in thought, I don't even notice the familiar sound of small wheels rolling over the pavement quickly approaching. When I finally register the sound and realize I need to step aside to let the person behind me pass, I step to my right.

Little did I know the skater had the same idea and tried to pass me by swerving to the same side. Their body slams into my back and the force causes me to fall to the ground. I try to slow down my fall by sticking out my hands, luckily they land on the grass and I don't scrape them. My thin arms can't carry the weight of both of our bodies, so I fall flat on my stomach with their body on top of mine. A stinging pain shoots up from my knees and the shock of my body colliding with the ground, causes my breath to hitch.

The person still attached to my backside rolls off, which helps a little with my breathing. I roll over onto my back, eyes closed and focus on steadying my breathing pattern. In and out, in and out, in and out and so on.

Hearing someone cursing, I realize I'm not alone. I finally open my eyes and they are met with one of the most beautiful things they've ever seen. The skater crawls over to my side and immediately starts rambling. "Om my god, I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to hit you like that. You always jump to the side in time, so I didn't bother giving you a heads up. But I should've done it because clearly, you didn't hear me coming. I should've been more careful, I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear, it's the last thing I wanted. I didn't mean to hit you, like I already said, I did want to talk to you, but not like this, obviously. I'm sorry I must sound like a mad person, I'm rambling, I'm usually not like this. Shit, sorry, I didn't even ask you if you're hurt. I suck. So, how are you feeling?"

I open my mouth to answer her question, but no sound comes out. All I can seem do is stare at her while my thoughts are spinning around my head at the speed of light. Did she really just say she wanted to talk to me? That means she knows who I am, right? Oh my god, she knows who I am! I need to say something. She's going to think I'm crazy now. What if she won't want to talk to me anymore?

Okay, relax Camila, you got this. I open my mouth again, in a second attempt to speak. Luckily for me, I am able to pronounce actual words. "I'm fine, I just scraped my knees," I smile, "I got lucky, I could've sprained my wrist, but I landed relatively soft."

"Oh thank god," Lauren releases her breath in relief. "I feel really guilty though," she continues with a small frown, "I'm Lauren, by the way."

"Hi Lauren," I smile, "I'm Camila"

Lauren gets up to her feet and holds out her right hand for me to grab. She helps me back up to my feet and holds on to my hand, shaking it. "Nice to meet you, Camila," she says formally.

"Same goes to you, Lauren," I chuckle.

Lauren looks down at my scraped knee and frowns slightly, "Are you sure that you're fine? Your knee doesn't look great."

"Oh," I say looking at it as well, "yeah, I feel fine. But now that you mention it, it does sting a little," I furrow my brows.

"I can help you with that if you like, I have had more scraped knees than I can count, so I've gotten pretty good at fixing them up," she laughs, "It would take away some of my guilt, so please let me help you."

"Don't worry, you don't need to feel guilty or anything, I should've been paying more attention to my surroundings. But if it would make you feel better, sure, why not?" I smile reassuringly.

"Okay, great, my house isn't that far from here, so hopefully your knee won't hurt for that long anymore," she smiles back. "Thinking about it, this was probably bound to happen sooner or later," she chuckles.

"What do you mean?" I say giving her a confused look.

"I pass you every morning, right? Well, we would've collided sooner or later if we kept our little ritual up," she explains.

"Oh, yeah, right," I laugh. God damnit, she really must think I'm crazy right now. First, I can't speak and then I laugh at pretty much everything she says. Well, actually she would be right, I'm crazy, crazy about her and I don't even know her. Fortunately, that's about to change now, she already invited me over. It's just to fix up my knee, but still. I mean, she could've just apologized and leave me behind and she didn't, so.

We're quietly walking beside each other, both consumed by our own thoughts. I think back about her little ramble a couple of minutes ago. She said she already wanted to talk to me and she looked really upset for hurting me. That means she sort of cares, I'm not just a random stranger. I wonder what she thinks of me; she knows who I am, so.

After our fall, her face had been closer to mine than ever before, I had always admired her beauty from a distance, but I had no clue how beautiful she actually is. Her skin has a light tan from the Miami sun, which in combination with her dark hair and mesmerizingly beautiful green eyes, made her look so stunning. Her hair was messy because of our fall and it fell down in wild waves, when she pulled her hand through her hair to make it slightly less messy, I thought I was about two seconds away from fainting. I just wanted to tangle my fingers into her hair or play around with it. Then her lips, oh god, her lips were full and plump and a pretty shade of pink and all I wanted to do was kiss them, just to find out what it felt like.

She couldn't have been closer to me than about 2 feet, but this being the closest I'd ever been to her, I guess you could say I was a little overwhelmed.

"This is it," she says pointing to a rather large house. We walk up to her front door, she unlocks it and holds it open for me to walk in. "Ladies first," she says taking a little bow.

"Why, thank you," I reply, taking on one of those fake accents you hear in old movies.

She chuckles and follows me inside, closing the door behind her. "So this is my house. How about I fix up your knee first and after that, I'll show you around the house," she half asks, half states.

"Sounds great," I smile at her. She smiles back and puts her hand on the small of my back to help guide me deeper into the house.

A/N: Hi, I'm not sure if I really like this chapter but yeah, here it is

-Den