Chapter 6

Camila's POV

I let out a content sigh as I fall down on my bed. Limps are sprawled in all directions and I can't seem to be able to wipe this stupid grin off my face.

The reason for that may or may not be a certain skater girl named Lauren.

She's just so wonderful and amazing and god damn it her eyes! They're just so wow and it's just like ugh and I just can't even.

After leaving Lauren's kitchen earlier, she showed me around her house and it was even bigger on the inside as it appeared on the outside. There must have been around 5 empty guest rooms, each of them with their own little bathroom. Lauren said they only used them for family gatherings and the holidays or when friends stayed over, most of the time they just remain empty.

When she showed me her room, I was so impressed, I couldn't help but let my jaw drop almost to the floor. Her room was literally like one those really cool, rich teens on tv always have. It could've come straight out of MTV's Welcome to my crib, only it was a little less extravagant.

It was huge and I could probably spend days in there, discovering every little thing and not get bored for one second.

"Are you going to pick up that jaw anytime soon? Or should I just let you stand there like that and keep myself busy in the mean time?" Lauren laughs at my wide eyes and open mouth. I can just feel my cheeks burning up in a second, feeling a little ashamed for my reaction.

"Well, excuse me while I admire the by far sickest room I've ever seen," I retort, trying to look less like a weirdo.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice," she says, letting her gaze wander around her room.

"Pretty nice?! Are you serious?" I ask, shoving her away from me. "That is literally the coolest room ever, just because your rich ass is used to it, doesn't mean it's not incredible anymore."

"Okay, I guess you're right," she smiles at me, "now how about we actually go inside so you can get a better look at it?"

One side of her room was occupied by a king size bed with plain grey covers that probably matched her eyes really well. On the wall next to the bed hung a large flat screen TV, perfectly angled to watch it from the bed.

One of the walls was completely covered in different cases of vinyl records, evidently accompanied by a record player itself. Swiftly scanning the cases, I decided she had pretty good music taste.

Another wall had tons of different sorts of skateboards hanging from it. The vinyls and skateboards didn't make the room look too crowded though; somehow it worked.

"I like the aesthetic" I blurt out. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks once again; that sounded so tumblr. Why did I even say that out loud?

"You like the aesthetic?" she chuckles.

"Don't laugh at me, I just gave you a compliment," I say, feeling a little embarrassed once again.

"I'm not laughing at you," she smiles gently, "You just sound very 'Tumblr' when you say that."

"Yeah, I know. It's just really cool, that's what I meant to say," I try to explain, mumbling.

"Don't worry about it dork, let's go see the next room."

A house like hers can't be filled solely with bedrooms and bathrooms. Of course, there were also plenty of hobby rooms.

Lauren showed me her favorites, one of them being a music room. The room contained several guitars, both acoustic and electric, a grand piano and a little recording booth. When I asked her why she loved this room so much, she got a little shy and admitted that she could always count on this space to make her feel calm.