Chapter 11

Camila's POV

As soon as I'm sure that I'm out of Lauren's sight, I overexcitedly take my phone out of my pocket, almost throwing it away in the process. I open Dinah, Normani and mine's group chat to announce the news.

C: HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GUYS

C: fnaiergbyiepf

C: guess who has a date with Lauren?

I practically skip down the road out of happiness. None of my worries from this morning were necessary, because she likes me.

She likes me.

Lauren likes me.

Lauren fucking Jauregui likes me back.

Once my euphoria dies down a little, the realization of the situation downs on me. This has never happened before. Nobody ever likes me back. Only, somehow the girl I want does.

D: oh idk is it Justin Bieber?

How funny. I just roll my eyes.

C: omg.. Dinah, you are so funny... please taech me how to be as funny as you... I can't take it anymore...

D: *teach

Oh wow.

C: yeah, nice comeback

D: thanx

Is she being serious right now? I didn't expect this reaction from her at all.

C: Okay, what happened to 'MY CAMREN FEELS!!!'?

I refer to one of our earlier conversations where Normani and Dinah literally wouldn't shut up about Lauren and I and about how we were 'the cutest things they'd ever seen' and 'a stan-worthy OTP'. It was almost worse than when they talk about Beyoncé. Almost.

C: Dinah, are you okay?

Maybe something happened and she's not feeling well. Feelings of concern for my best friend replace the excited ones for Lauren.

D: I saw Siope today in the store

D: his new girlfriend was with him and she didn't have a lot of nice things to say to me

I am just walking up to my doorstep when I read Dinah's last messages. Shit.

Dinah and her ex didn't exactly have a clean break-up and it messed her up for a long time, I can only imagine how she must be feeling at the moment.

C: Oh Cheechee, I'm so sorry for you. I have to go eat now, but I am Skyping you later so you better pick up when I do

Why didn't she say anything? She knows she could've talked to me about this, I would've been there for her.

D: okay

This isn't good. I hate it when Dinah is upset, it makes me upset. I hate how crappy my timing always is, I should be there for her now, not be eating dinner.

I walk inside the kitchen, typing away on my phone.

C: Dinah, you could've told me. I know how you overthink this stuff. You can't keep it all in your head, you'll go insane

N: too late for that...

N: what did I miss?

Normani is back from dance class. She does have perfect timing, contrary to me.