Chapter 10

Camila's POV

A couple of weeks have passed since the skater and I first started talking and every single day since then has been filled with swarms of butterflies, shy smiles and innocent touches.

After the first time, Lauren and Ally sat with us every lunch. Surprisingly, we all got along perfectly and we had quite a lot of things in common. Ally and Normani are both frequent church visitors, Dinah and Lauren both play piano and all of us are really into music. Different genres of music, but still.

Without fail, Lauren walks me to school every morning. Also without fail, my heart skips a beat whenever I see her standing there on my porch.

This is the very reason why I don't need the excessive amount of alarms that I used to anymore. The mere thought of seeing the girl who frequented my dreams, could wake me up instantly.

The fact that I'm the kind of girl who would give anything for a couple of hours more sleep, made Lauren's influence on me seem like an even bigger accomplishment. There's barely any sign of my morning moodiness left these days.

I keep checking my phone as I slowly eat my bowl of cereal. Usually around this time I receive a text from Lauren saying good morning and asking if I'm coming to school.

I decide to scroll around on my twitter fan account, seeing if the boys are up to something special. I roll my eyes at some drama with the Bieber fandom, until I come across a Larry manip.

The manip reminds me of the time Lauren and I talked about our favorite bands.

We were at the mall with the other girls and they had to go to the bathroom. We waited outside on a little bench for them to come back.

"Knowing Normani and Dinah, this can probably take a while," Lauren laughs softly as we sit down next to each other.

I turn my upper body towards the girl next to me and try to think of something to entertain ourselves. "You're into music right?" I ask and she just nods, also turning my way. "Well...what kind of music?"

"Okay, as in the kind of music that I would make or the kind that I like listening to?" She replies, raising an eyebrow in question.

"I don't know, isn't that kind of the same?" I have no clue why you would want to make music that is different from what you like.

"I have no idea what kind of music I would want to make if I got the chance. Well, good music of course," she chuckles. "But not a clue what genre it would be and the music I like listening to, it varies a lot. I like pop music sometimes, R&B, indie-rock and tons of other styles. I can appreciate most genres, except for heavy metal, not really my style," she shakes her head, scrunching up her nose, "and country of course."

Making eye contact, we smile at each other, making my heart skip another beat. "You?"

"Kind of the same, although I can appreciate a little country music from time to time. Mind the 'form time to time'. My favorite bands are One Direction and The 1975."

Lauren smirks at hearing the bands' names. "I get The 1975, those guys are insane and Matty is so hot, but One Direction? You're not one of those girls that has a fan account and ships Larry, right?" She asks laughing.

"Hey, their voices aren't that bad," I quickly defend them. "Liam and Harry's voices are really good and Niall has improved so much since X-factor, Louis has some problems sometimes, but he's still alright."

"Alright, alright, I'm not saying they can't sing, I'm just not a huge fan of making music when it's all about money. You can't deny that they used them to gain a ton of money. But you ignored my question, what about Larry and that fan account?" She repeats her question, lifting a knowing eyebrow, while smirking. I can feel the heat quickly rising to my cheeks.