Chapter 2

Lauren's POV

I'm sitting with my best friend in first period, quietly chatting about this and that. Ally and I have been attached to the hip since kindergarten and somehow our friendship has managed to survive this long. I honestly couldn't ask for a better best friend than her, she's the sweetest and most caring person I've ever met.

Ally is a sweet little sunshine who's happy and cheerful for most of the time. When she's not, you can be sure that something is wrong. At first sight you'd never think someone like her would be friends with someone like me, because I admit, we're very different. But I guess it's true what they say, opposites do attract. She's always smiley, I'm not, she likes pop and country music, I like music that's a little more upbeat, she likes boys, I like girls.

She's always been supportive of everything I do or like, just like I'll always support her. I guess you could say that we're each other's biggest fans.

She's the first one to know whenever I start crushing on someone new and this time is no different from the others. Ally started noticing a change in my behavior last week when I showed up with a smile on my face, on a Monday morning. Since she knows me inside and out and I always tell her everything, I told her about my little crush.

It sounds stupid really, to have a crush on a girl I've never talked to besides shouting "thank you". I've actually never even seen her face, only her backside. She has such beautiful hair and it always hits her back softly whenever she takes a step. I don't really care about the way people dress and all, most of the time I don't even notice what someone is wearing. She's the exception of course, she always dresses really cute, but don't get me wrong she can look hot as well. I mean, that butt of hers in white jeans, that shit would be everyone's weakness.

When the teacher makes his way in front of the classroom, the cheerful chatter in the classroom dies down a bit. That is, until the students notice it's only a substitute and then the noise picks up again.

The sub is still pretty young and to be honest, he looks like he has a pretty bad hangover. "What's up guys, I'm Troy Ogletree and I'm supposed to play your sub today. I'm not really a teacher, I'm Miss Ogletree's nephew and they couldn't find a better candidate so here I am. As you can see, I'm still pretty hangover and I could care less about physics, so chat away," he says with a wink in our direction.

I chuckled and turned back to face Ally, who was still looking at the 'sub' with a slight blush on her cheeks. I poke her arm with my finger and lift an eyebrow in question.

"What?" she asks and turns her head, still a little absent minded.

I nod my head towards Troy, who was resting his head on his desk with his eyes closed.

"Oh, him?" she asks, her cheeks growing a shade darker. I nod my head with a little smirk playing on my lips. "You know that guy I talked to you about? The one who works on the coffee shop at the end of my street, well that's him."

"Damn Ally, you got good taste. He looks like he had a pretty rough night though."

"Yeah..." she says slowly, sounding a little concerned.

"Go talk to him."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely, if he doesn't cheer up at least a little from talking to you, I promise to take you to Waffle House for lunch, my treat. You'd have to drive though, I don't think we both fit on my longboard," I laugh quietly.

Ally's eyes light up when she heard the magic words being spoken and seems to be a little more confident now. "Okay, I'll go talk to him," she says, standing up.

"Give me an A, give me an L, give me another L, give me a y, what's that spell? ALLY!! Go, go, go, I'm rooting for you," I laugh.

"Shut up, you dork," Ally says blushing, "he might hear you."

When Ally starts talking to him, shyly at first, I can see Troy's face lighting up when he recognizes her and his mood definitely seems to improve. I smile at them and think they would make a cute couple. The height difference between them is pretty funny to see, he looks like a giant compared to her when he stands up to bring a chair over for her.

When their conversation really starts to get going, I avert my gaze towards the clock on the wall. I actually memorized the clothes my crush was wearing this morning, so I could try to find her today and maybe finally get to see her face. She was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white crop top, it's the perfect combination for her. You could still see her tan skin where her clothing didn't cover it and well, her butt doesn't only look good in white jeans.

It's still a while to go until the bell would ring to signify the end of our class, so I just let myself get lost in thought for the meanwhile.

When the bell eventually rings and brings me out of my thoughts, I get up and join an even more cheerful than usual Ally by the door.

"So, I'm guessing you had a nice time talking to him," I state smiling.

"Oh my gosh, yes. He's just so nice and he really seems like a good, genuine guy. He asked for my number and said we should go out for drinks or coffee sometime. His eyes are really pretty, so much prettier up close and he has this incredibly cute smile. Even though he didn't look his best today, he's still so adorably cute," Ally starts rambling, making me laugh.

"Well, I'm glad it was nice, I still need to talk to him before he takes you out though," I say frowning a little. I can't have anyone I don't approve of go out with Ally and risk her getting hurt in the end and dull her flame.

"Aww, you're so cute, Lolo. Thank you for being so protective over me," she says smiling and she lightly kisses my cheek.

This makes my slight frown vanish and we continue talking about some other random topics, while making our way to our next class.

I keep looking around me while walking, hoping to spot a certain brunette that's been on my mind for a while now. The crowded hallways make it hard for me to make out all the different people, but the day isn't over yet. I have a feeling though, today will be the day she finally sees her face.

Hi, I didn't proof read so sorry for possible mistakes. The fic has a pretty slow start, but I don't like fics that rush in, so I'm taking things slow in the beginning. There is going to happen more though. This chapter is a bit shorter, sorry for that

- Den