Ryan

We pretty much ate dinner in silence and then said our goodbyes and left.  Me and Gwen went back to my house and I made her help me take the bed apart.  Once we did that I realized I have no idea how I am going to get it to Mikeys house.  It is 6:00pm and I need someone with a truck to come help me move a bed. 

"Why don't you call Ryan?" Gwen says laying on the mattress that is now on the ground.

"Like Ryan who I haven't talk to in a year because he hates me Ryan?" Ryan was my boyfriend before Luke who actually broke up with me and then was mad I started dating Luke a couple months later.  He then tried to be friends with me for a while before deciding he was going to hate me for the rest of his life. 

"Yes Ryan and he doesn't hate you, I mean like he did hate you but he can't possibly still hate you right?" Gwen looks like she is questioning herself.

"I guess I can try." I pick up my phone and find his number in my phone.

"Hello." He answers the phone.

"Ryan! Hello how are you? How is life treating you?  What is cracka lackin bud." I kind of didn't expect him to answer so I panicked when he did. 

"Ummm good I guess.... Are you okay?" He sounds genuinely concerned.

"Yeah I am fine." I lie.

"What's wrong?" He can still tell when I am lying.

"I just I need to get this bed out of this fucking house and I don't have anyone that has a truck to help me and I just really want to get out of here." I can feel myself want to cry again.

"What did he fucking do?"  

"He cheated on me." I can barely say the words out loud.

"I will be there soon I will help you." He hangs up the phone.

"Well I don't want you to move on too quickly, but like Ryan seems like a much better guy for you." Gwen says only half joking.

We wait for Ryan to get there, while we wait we start taking the bed pieces outside the hard part will be the mattress. He pulls up and gets out of his truck, he is also a blue eyed masterpiece but he has dark brown hair.  

He walks over to us awkwardly. "Hey." he smiles.

"Hi." I smile back.

"Okay well I am going to get another piece of the bed. If you guys can get over this awkwardness before I come back that would be nice." Gwen goes back into the house.

"I always knew he was an idiot."  He frowns 

"Why is he an idiot?" I say offended, even though I know he is an idiot.

"Because he let someone like you go." 

"I am nothing special." I look at him confused.

"Is that how you felt the whole time you dated him?  He really is an idiot."  Ryan shakes his head.

"Well sometimes he made me feel like the most important thing in his life and other times he didn't.  He just didn't know how to open up really well.  I know he loves me or at least he loved me at one point." A tear falls down my cheek.

The next thing I know Ryan has me wrapped up in a hug. "Don't defend him Mya, you are such an amazing person he should have made sure you knew that everyday." 

A flash goes off from the street.  Ryan lets go of me and looks around.

"There is going to be a wonderful story about us in the press tomorrow." I laugh while I watch the car speed off.

"Oh well okay is the whole world going to hate me or love me." He doesn't move his eyes away from me.

"A bit of both probably." 

"The hug was worth it." He walks over to my bed in the pile and picks up a piece and brings it to the truck.

"Maybe you are the idiot for letting him go." Gwen scares the shit out of me.

"No that boy broke up with me because-- Uhh I don't remember." I try to think.

"Because he thought you spent too much time with Luke Hemmings, Mya that is why he broke up with you and then you started dating him." She walks to the truck with another piece. 

"Oh my god I am the idiot." I look at the boy who is here helping me move out of the house I shared with the boy who is the reason we broke up.