Chapter 31 - Replacing Dean

(Damon's POV)

I liked talking to this guy, Castiel, he was really interesting. He told me about his mom and his little brother Gabriel and his older brother Ezequiel. He told me about his best friend Charlie, except that she's mad at him at the moment. He told me about him coming out. I told him about my lame brother, Stefan, who goes to this school too, but he's a senior. And that we live with our uncle because our parents died when we were pretty young. Everything I told him, he listened. When I talk to those girls, they just smile and giggle because they like being around me. They don't care about who I am, they care about what I look like.

Castiel had these amazing blue eyes that were hypnotizing, the ones you could stare into forever. Ones that made you forget your words, and get lost. And it was hard to move my eyes away from his, but the bell rang, leaving me no choice. Damn bell.

We gathered our things, and I watched as Castiel swung his backpack over his shoulder.

"What's your next class?" I ask as we walk off the bleachers and start walking back up to the school.

"Drawing." He tells me, looking ahead at the school.

"You like art?" I raise both of my eyebrows at him, smiling.

He turns to look at me, allowing me l see those beautiful eyes again.

"Uh, yeah, kinda." He rubs the back of his neck. "I mean, I like to sketch something every now and then."

"Can you show me something you've drawn, later?" We walk through the school doors.

"I dunno.. It's not that great."

"Please?" We both come to a stop.

"Well.. Okay." He gives in.

"Alright, well, see you later then?" I smile.

He smiles at me but doesn't say anything for a moment, looking like he has no idea what I had just said. But then he shakes his head , "Oh, yeah!"
His face is a little red now.

I chuckle, "See ya." And we both go our separate ways.

-

In my next class, I couldn't stop thinking about Castiel. I've kind of secretly had a crush on him since school started this year, but Dean got to him before I could. Plus, I'm still in the closet, and he isn't. I don't know how he'd feel about that. Also, he's obviously not over Dean. I'm not sure how long they've been broken up, but it doesn't seem very long. Maybe I can get him to fall for me and forget about Dean.

I've never actually dated a guy before. I've been to gay bars before though, using a fake I.D. to get in, and would make out with a guy sometimes. I never let it get too far though, because I'm one of those people that like to wait.

To be honest, I feel a little bad about trying to steal Castiel away. Everyone knew how madly and deeply in love Castiel and Dean were. Some people even called them "Destiel," which is apparently what their names are put together. If you ask me, it's kind of dumb. But everyone around the school new about 'Destiel'. I've always been a little jealous of them though, so I didn't really like hearing about it. The girls are the ones who mostly talked about it.