Chapter 13

Brendon sits down next to me against the hospital floor.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

I decide to say nothing. It feels good to not talk at the moment.

"W-what are you going to do now?" He squeaked.

I hadn't really thought of that. Where am I going to live? My grandparents are dead, my mom is God knows where, and all of my other relatives hated my dad and want nothing to do with him.

So I'm homeless now?

Well, shit.

Did I mention I want to cry now?

***

"Mr. Ross"

"Mr. Ross."

I feel movement above my head.

"Ry." I hear in a sleepy voice. Someone's tapping my arm.

My eyes ply open and I see a nurse looking down at me. I look around and see I'm on the ground in Brendon's arms.

"We see that your father did not have a spouse and no relatives are reachable. That means you have no guardian. We can put you in the adoption system," Adoption system? Who would want to adopt a scrawny little gay kid who had daddy issues?

"Or, we can keep you in a temporary foster home until you are 18 and legally able to live on your own. It seems as though a family that was close to yours has offered and the two guardians are being finalized to become authorized guardians."

I could already see Mrs. Smith volunteering to take me in. I mean, she kind of already has. But this time, more officially.

-A/N: SEVEN HUNDRED READS THANK YOU. Sorry for this being so short I just wanted to update to thank you. I'm not really into posting a whole update as an author's note because it just seems like false advertising and if I'm honest I don't read it when it's just an author's note because of that. BUT YES THANK YOU.