Chapter 6

"So..." I started as he shut the from door behind himself. "Do your parents know? That you're-"

"Gay? Pfft. If they knew, I'd be homeless right now."

"Catholic?"

"Worse. Mormon." He said the word like it was a villain in a horror movie.

"Oh."

"What about you?"

"My dad doesn't know. I don't know how he'd react if he did. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good."

He hummed in understanding as he settled on the couch. I followed behind.

"So...Now what?" He asked.

"I don't know. Watch TV? Listen to Musi-"

"No. I mean, this." He motioned between the two of us with his pointer finger.

"Oh. Well, I don't know...Just, take it slow?"

"You weren't taking it slow when you were shoving your tongue down my throat." He mumbled quietly.

"I can hear you." I mumble back.

"Shut up."

"Make me." I shot him a daring look with confident grin. You never see me with one of those very often.

"I will." He launches forward and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes, wide open from the sudden movement, close slowly as I start to kiss back and move my hands to the back of his neck.

Just as fast as it had started, it ended. Brendon pulled back with a smirk. I was speechless.

"I may have to use that more often. Seems to work pretty well." He said with confidence as he stood up.

"I gotta pee."

"Thanks for the 4-1-1, Prince Charming." I say sarcastically.

"Ah, so I'm Prince Charming?" He raises his eyebrow, forming a crease in his forehead.

"I didn't mean it like that, dumb ass." I roll my eyes, trying to play off the blush that had been there since he pulled away from the kiss.

"Whatever you say." He said in a singsong voice before disappearing into a hallway.

I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out from my back pocket. It was a text from Spencer.

'ur still with him???'

'how do u know?' I reply.

'i saw u outside the window. whered u go??'

'ok wow stalker much? and we saw a movie.'

'OOOOO what movie??'

'school of rock'

'U ASSHOLES WENT W OUT ME'

'ur the one who couldnt stay over'

'U COULD HAVE INVITED ME'

'turn off ur caps and chill'

'-.-'

I had to tell him sometime, so I just got to the point.

'we kissed'

'WHAT'

'long story'

'be over in five min'

'ok mom' I replied and shut my phone off as Brendon walked back into the living room.

"Hey, I should get going. I'll see you Monday."

"Uh, yeah. See you then."

We both stood in front of each other in awkward silence. We didn't know wether to hand shake or kiss. I personally would have liked the latter more.

"I'll text you." I said instead of either as I walked out the door.

I walked across Brendon's lawn into Spencer's. I knocked on the door and Mrs. Smith opens it with a smile.

"Spencer! Ryan's here!" She shouted down the hall as she opened the door wider for me to come in.

"You can just barge in there." She smiled.

"Thank you." I smile and walk down the hall into Spencer's room. As I open the door, I see that it's empty.

Spencer jumps from behind the door and shouts "Raaw!"

I shriek and he starts laughing.

"Dammit Spencer! I thought you'd stop doing that in fifth grade!"

"A child at heart, I am." He says patting his chest with a closed hand.

"You're also part Yoda, minus the 'wise' part."

"Fuck off." He says with a smile. "So tell me what happened."

And I told him everything. From finding the journal to him kissing me before he left to the bathroom.

"Damn, twice? So what does that mean? Because if you ask me, you guys went passed the whole 'asking out' thing."

"Yeah, I guess I could have handled that better. But I didn't know how to tell him I liked him back, so I just, I don't know, went for it." I shrugged.

"You went for it alright." He nodded.

"Do you ever not say something annoying?"

"So what? Are you dating?" He ignores my insult.

"I don't really know."

"Ask him out! Make it official!" He shoves me.

"You sound like a girl."

"You sound like a chicken."

"I'm not a chicken."

"You're right. I bet a chicken would be brave enough to ask him out."

"Chickens don't tal-"

"Bok bok!"

"You're a chil-"

"Bok bok!" He squealed louder as he bent his arms into wings and started flapping them.

"Stop i-"

"Bok!" He practically screamed.

"Spencer! Be louder, could ya?!" His mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Sorry mom!" He put his arms down. I look at him with a victorious smirk.

~A/N: THESE KEEP GETTING SHORTER I'M SORRY. I'll be updating often because, well, let's just say I have a lot of free time.