Chapter 9

Spencer and I hadn't talked since the small blow out that morning.

At lunch, everyone was suspicious. Brendon sat in between Spencer and I. He was slightly uncomfortable being the wall between us. Spencer and I both looked straight ahead, eating in silence.

Andy finally said something. "Okay, what's going on? You guys are avoiding each other and it's obvious. What happened?"

I shake my head, signaling him to drop the subject.

"Spencer?" He asks. Spencer says nothing and continues to eat in silence.

"Excuse us for one second." Brendon says quickly, taking my wrist and pulling me out of my seat. I hustle to stand up and walk with him until he spins around suddenly.

"Listen, this little bickering thing, it was stupid. You and Spencer are best friends, this is nothing to ignore each other for. I think you should just say sorry and everything will be fine."

"You're right. It's just by the way he's acting, he seems like he would just tell everyone I'm gay when I'm not ready yet."

"He would never do that. You know he was just joking around."

"I know. I'll go talk to him." I turn around and tap Spencer on the shoulder when I reach our table. He turns around and looks up at me. I move my head to the side, motioning for him to talk in private. He gets up and follows me.

"Listen, that was a pretty stupid little fight. I was just annoyed that you just brought it up all of a sudden. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, too. Maybe I took it a little too far. I just wanted to make things less awkward and easier to talk about." I laugh because that was the opposite of what he did.

"No big deal." I shake my head.

"Now go back and talk to your boyfriend. I still think you're the bottom, by the way."

"I hate you." I roll my eyes.

"You love me. You're just too chicken to say it." He smirks challengingly.

"Oh my god. Please don't star-"

"Bok!"

"Sto-"

"Bok! I'm not gonna stop until you say you love me!"

"I love you!" I say annoyed, like a son would say to his mom.

"Love you too, chicken!"

"I'm walking away, now." I turn around and walk back to the lunch table. Brendon looks up at me expectingly.

"Well?"

"It's all good." I grin.