Chapter 4

We both passed out while watching Mission Impossible. Not surprising, really

I woke up in the middle of the night. Brendon was spread out fast asleep on one side of the couch while I sat scrunched on the other, trying to avoid touching his feet.

I remembered his journal in his room. I had to get up and read more while he's sleeping. I stretched my legs out to touch the floor. When they finally reached, I moved as smoothly as I could off of the couch and tip-toed up the stairs into his room. I shut the door quietly and turned on the light before searching for the red notebook. I found it and opened it to the day we had dinner at Spencer's.

'It was pretty embarrassing having to barge into Spencer's house at dinner. My boss kept me held up even though I told him I would have to leave early. I basically got the death stare from my mom. Then, of all other times, I actually get a call from someone. I never get phone calls. But when I'm busy?! Oh, you can forget about that! I've got a phone call!! Ryan backed me up, though. He was being really nice. This might sound rushed, but he's cute, and nice, and funny, and cool! I could probably go on. But I'll leave it at that.'

I wanted to jump up and down in happiness, but I didn't have the energy. I put it back, realizing I was tired and could probably check out more tomorrow. I turn the light off, close his door and quietly walk back to my spot on the couch downstairs. I doze off with happy thoughts in my head.

"Ry." I hear in a whisper.

"Ry." No.

"Ry." Fuck off.

"Ry." I'm sleeping.

"Ryan!" I feel shaking and I finally open my eyes. Oh, It's those big brown eyes I dreamed about. That's the only exception I have for waking up.

"You like pancakes?" He smiles.

"Uh, yeah. I'm gonna go get dressed."

"Just wait a little. Food's ready and we can just chill for a little." I get up and see he's still in his pajamas too. He motions me to sit at the counter with a plate of pancakes in front of me while he gets us drinks.

"We have orange juice and water."

"Orange juice is fine." He nods and grabs two glasses, pouring both with orange juice and setting them down as he sits down next to me.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, Mission Impossible is so boring." He says laughing. I laugh as I take a bite of the pancake on my plate.

"It really is." I nod.

"We should go see something better. Like at the mall."

"Uh, yeah. Sounds fun. Let me pay this time, you paid for us at the bowling alley. And it is your birthday. I just gotta check my bag to see if I have enough money. We can stop by my house and grab more if we need to." I try to make a nice gesture, then remember that we might have to go to my house. Dammit, why don't I think things through?

It did, however, give me the excuse to go look through his journal one more time before making any gestures. I pushed my plate away after eating a whole pancake and walked up to Brendon's room.

I go through my bag and find $40 I had stashed just in case. Then I move over to Brendon's now familiar red journal and open it. I see a new page had been filled, he must have written it while I was sleeping.

'Ryan and I were having a pretty good time. I found out he's gay. That means something, right? I mean I have a chance? Should I try and make a move? What if he doesn't? What if I ruin everythi-'

I hear the door behind me open. I'm frozen. It takes all of my might to turn my head and look at him. His eyes are wide with fear and his cheeks are flushed, like he's going to be sick.

"Y-you weren't supposed to see that." He says quietly.

"Um. I-" He speaks up, trying to look for an explanation. I cut him off by grabbing the sides of his face and pulling him into a kiss.

Or that. I mean that's an option. A pretty brave option, but an option nonetheless. Damn, that was a bold move for me.

But I guess it worked, because I felt him kiss back immediately.

I pull back and stare into his wide eyes.

"Wow." He says with red cheeks. His teeth sink into his bottom lip.

"Um. Well I think there's a showing of School of Rock in 45 minutes." I say, voice cracking. Dammit.

"Uh, yeah. Sounds good." He says looking at the floor.

~AN: Hope you guys are enjoying it so far. This might be kind of short. You guys should really go check out my other Brendon fic called "Into His Arms" It isn't Ryden, but I had the idea and I really like writing it.