Chapter 9

Mabel POV.

I woke up, I stretch my arms.

"Ah! A new day!" I said happily.

I went down, and went straight to the bathroom but only to find it locked.

"I'm still here!" I here Peridot yell through the door.

I gave myself a face palm forgetting she was here. I walked to the kitchen were the boys were.

"How are we suppose to get in?" I asked, "She only let's Steven in, for some reason." Dipper says, "Probably because I gave her back her foot." Steven says.

"Well, the beach has shower stalls in them, and beach isn't open yet so I guess you guys can use that." Steven suggested, "Beats smelling Dipper's BO." Paolo says, "HEY!" Dipper yells.

We all laughed, then I got a towel and soap, "Well we better get going." I said, and we went to the beach.

///beach

We found the stalls Steven says, and there were 5 of them, good thing too huh. We had our towels, soap, and bags of clothes ready and went to separate stalls.

I took off my clothes and turned the knob for water to come out. I started to wash myself.

"Hey Mabel?" I hear Paolo in the other stall, "Yeah?"

"What are you even gonna do in beacha palooza?" he asked, "She's gonna sing obviously." I hear Dipper, "Well actually I was thinking a duet." I said, "Duet? with who?" Dipper asked as started to soap myself.

"Meh, just with someone I helped out yesterday." I said, "And who was that someone any ways? And why did got back late?" Dipper asked, "One of Steven's friends." I said washing my hair, and I hear no response.

"Hey Dip." I said, "Yeah?" he asked, "How do you think grunkle Stan and Ford are doing?" I asked, I really missed them, there was a moment of silence when, "I....I don't know, but I hope their doing alright." I hear Dipper.

"Yeah, me too."I said continuing washing myself, then there was silence, "Awkward." Paolo says.

Stan Pov.

I was sitting on my recliner, tapping my fingers impatiently.

"I hope the kids are doing okay." I said to myself, worried.

It's been a week since they left, and I just lied to their parents. Though I do lie to them a lot about the kids, but still, what if they don't come back at the end of the summer? What am I going to do? I've already lied to Soos, Wendy, and Mabel's friends that they went to a camping trip, but I don't know how much longer I could cover for them.

Then I see Ford get out of his lab, I could see his eyes were red.

"Yeesh, what happened to you?" I asked, "Nothing." he says rubbing his eyes, "Sure, nothing." I said rolling my eyes, as he enters the kitchen.

I just kept sitting there, staring at the blank tv, thinking about the kids, "You still worried?" I hear Ford, "Yeah." I said.

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see my brother, "They'll be fine." he says reassuring with a smile, I smiled back.

KNOCK, KNOCK!

Then we hear the door knock, who could that be? The mystery shack is closed for today. I thought, as I stood up and opened the door.

I eyes widened, it was Pacifica?!

"P-Pa-Pacifica?!" I asked confused and shocked, "Hello mister pines, is Dipper and Mabel here?" she asked, "Who want's to know?" I asked glaring at her.